Monday, October 22, 2007

Eclectic arts, a belt, and a trunk show

Proof that I'm quite eclectic in my arts: today I bought cheap acrylic yarn, wool yarn, a thermometer for my clay oven, shiny fake gem stars to glue on runestone boxes, and wood beads. Two days ago I bought the oven, earring posts, cookie cutters, yarn, and embossing powder.

On the plus side, I bought some great stacking storage bins this weekend, so my art supply chaos is slightly less chaos now. ;)

And hey, while I was rearranging my beads to actually get them in color order, I found an earpiece I had made in August! (Yeah, the one thing I made on my vacation when I had planned to make a bunch. Ah, I love it when plans fall through because of great weather!) So tada! Something to list tomorrow that I haven't even been working on. XD

Which is good, because I've just been making stuff for me. I made a belt from a pattern in "Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet", and it came out pretty well. I still can't get gauge right (my stitches are still far too small, even when using a larger hook), but I've found that that doesn't really matter, because I can take a pattern and run with it, and increase what I want to increase. And in this case, get rid of the crinkly bits at the top of the pattern that I didn't like.


And I'll mention this now, and I'll be mentioning it later and elsewhere:
There's going to be a trunk show at the Etsy Labs on Nov. 16, and I'm going to be joining in the etsyFAST sale to promote that. Go here for more details.
In my case, everything in my shop that's made from yarn will be 15% off from Nov. 1 - Nov. 16.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...