Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Yule!


Merry Yule, happy Hogswatch, merry early Christmas, happy whatever!

To get into the holiday spirit (because having to grocery shop a few days before Christmas turned me off of humanity), I baked some cookies! This was my first attempt ever at baking from scratch on my own. When I was younger I used to help my mom, but otherwise, my idea of "baking" is mixing water with muffin mix and baking that. But these cookies involved real flour and eggs and the lot!


Of course, I somehow managed to break our second-hand (isn't everything we own second-hand?) mixer; it works fine, the arm just snapped off the base and perches there now.

And, also of course, my cat spent the whole time sitting on her litter box in the kitchen, keeping me company.

My cat and I are apparently connected by an invisible line, because she never leaves my side. It's so cute!

To make this post art-related, here are the first gloves I ever crocheted:


My fiancé got me the pattern from http://naidascrochet.etsy.com (*waves to fellow Hooker*), and it worked out really well! I love fingerless gloves because I can't stand not having my fingers unable to do things, but I'm always cold. And I couldn't figure out how to make them myself. So yay, great pattern! I'm planning on adding a flower or something to them later, and I'm going to make a pair for my sister for a Christmas present.

Yeah, Christmas is in four days, and I still need to finish a scarf, make gloves, and make three stuffed animals. And I need to make a dreamcatcher and earrings for friends soon after (I'll see them later in the week).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...