Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Here be dragons

I'm so proud of myself! Today I started sketching a dragon because I want to paint one on the pouch I'm making and I needed something to look off of. I had never drawn a dragon before in my life, and the last thing I had drawn (not counting when I painted the phoenixes a few weeks ago) was five years ago. Seriously- the last thing in my sketchbook was from 2003.

Anyway, I think it came out great, and that's coming from someone who has always thought my drawings were terrible and not up to my imagination. I couldn't scan them in because the scanner is connected to my fiancé's computer and the computer's not on, but I did take some pictures of it- here are two views, one a bit brighter because of the flash:




Now if I can just do that in paint form, I'll be set! :D It's also giving me some encouragement to start drawing again.

4 comments:

knitting dragonfly said...

Very nice, I would love to be able to draw. Good blog. Love your etsy things.
vicki

Merily said...

Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised that the dragon came out well, because I hadn't drawn in so long. :)

TheCrochetBouquet said...

Your dragon is beautiful and has lost of character. I wish I could draw a dragon as my son loves them. I guess I will settle for bying them. Love your etsy also.
Sherri

Merily said...

Aww shucks, thanks!

Heh, I buy dragon things all the time, so I can relate. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...