Sunday, March 30, 2008

Catch-up update

Never a dull moment with my family. I had to help my mom out with my grandmother (doctor visits, mostly) and then my great-grandmother ended up in the hospital. Fortunately, she's going to be fine (she's the spunkiest and healthiest 95 year old on the planet!) but my family has been visiting her to keep her company. So, needless to say, I'm much behind with updating and making things.

And here's an update of what I'm working on:

My workstation today. I got a custom order (yay!) for a pair of chain earrings with four posts on each one, so I was working on those until it got too dark. I really need natural light to be able to see the tiny jump rings without getting a headache, so I'm going to finish them in the morning. I just have to add the decorative part at the bottoms.

And here are the faeries I'm working on:

I'm going to paint them tomorrow and sew the wings on. The green one is mine and the pink one is going to be for sale.

Here's a closeup of the pink one:


Tomorrow I'm going to finish the custom earrings, try to finish the faeries, and work on my charity piece for etsyBEAD. Right now I'm going to go work on crocheting a larger faery (and design my own pattern in the process).

2 comments:

DreamWoven said...

wow.. your GREAT grandmom is 95??? my mom is almost 90... go figure?!!!

Merily said...

lol! Don't forget I'm a youngin' at 24. ;)

She's the last great grandmother I have left- until recently I had three great grandmothers. I've also got five grandparents still around (and had six until recently)- needless to say, I was always a spoiled kid. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...