Sunday, March 02, 2008

I feel so accomplished!

The crochet waist cincher/corset that I've been working on came out GREAT! Unfortunately it's a bit small for me (which is fine, since I'm selling it), but that means I'm not going to be able to get a good picture of it (ie on someone) until my sister comes over later this week. But here it is until then:


(Held up to my stomach, to give a bit of an idea)





I swear, it looks awesome in person (and minus the stupid flash). I'm totally going to make one for myself. :D I'm going to offer them custom on Etsy- whatever size you need it, as well as with the ruffle at the bottom or without (I'm going to start working on one in a minute without a ruffle), whatever color you'd like for the cincher and the ribbon, etc.

Right now the ribbon just strings through the holes in the stitches, but I'm going to try to find a way to add in loops to make lacing it up easier.

Josh also bought me a pattern to sew a waist cincher (this one) from nicannmardee on Etsy, and I can't wait to try that out! I'm totally craving Renfaire crafts right now. :)

Oh, and I've been meaning to post a picture of these gloves for a while now, but I had to get Josh to take a picture since I can't really take a picture of my own hands:





I got the yarn from liska on Etsy last year, and it worked perfectly for the gloves; the top of the glove is the part of the yarn that was the greens and reds, and the bottom is the part of the yarn that was brown. The name liska gave the yarn of "Compost gives life to roses" is really accurate; I love how the color switches from one side to the other. I lightly felted the gloves, and they're super soft. I may or may not sell them; it depends on if I can bring myself to part with them!

As for the Death plushie I mentioned in earlier entries, I'm still working on it. It's taking a long time to crochet; I have the head, body, arms, and one leg done so far. I have to do the last leg then stuff and sew everything together, then I have to paint the skeleton on. After that I have to crochet the robe and scythe. With all the work going into this, I'm seriously going to end up selling it for something like $60. I just hope it comes out nice; I don't have much experience with amigurumi and no experience with human shapes. *crosses fingers* Once I get more of that done, I'll post pictures. :)

Oh! And I forgot to mention before that my chainmaille jump rings finally arrived the other day, so I'm going to be working on that, as well. I'm also planning on doing a chainmaille necklace (with beads on it, of course) for the etsyBEAD charity challenge. Huzzah for charity!

And another thing! (Man, I'm full of updates tonight!) I'm currently featured in four treasuries at the moment. Four! *happy dance* The first, second, third, and fourth. Thanks to everyone who picked something of mine! :)

3 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Lots happening with you, Meri. Congrats on all the Treasuries. Do you think that you could do simple yarn overs for the ribbon holes on your corset?
Maple

knitting dragonfly said...

Love the corset! Very sexy.
Vicki

Merily said...

Thanks, guys! :)

Maple- I was thinking of something like that, but I think I'd have to make the yarn loops doubled or something because of the pressure put on it by the ribbon. I'll have to try different things out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...