Saturday, April 05, 2008

After a busy week, I'm finally able to post. :)

And this is what I'm currently working on:

It's my first attempt at designing a plushie, but I'm not sure if I like how thin it is. I guess I'll see how it looks when I'm finished. (I was trying to make a plushie that's larger than the tiny faeries I'm making, but smaller than the huge Death plushie.)



And now, spinning things! I've finally gotten most of the spinning stuff I ordered (okay, it came fast, I've just been impatient), so I'm going to try them out later today.

This is a set of spindles in two sizes, a nostepinne, and a small niddy noddy I got from this eBay shop. I have no idea how well the spindles will spin, but they seem to have a good weight to them and the wood is really nice.


I got this spindle (from this eBay shop) because I wanted just a plain low whorl one (since I got the previously mentioned high whorl ones and I wanted to try out both to see which I like best), and it also came with some fiber.

I figure that if I really enjoy spinning (which I don't have any doubt that I will), and I'm decent at it, I can buy some nicer spindles later. I have a feeling that spinning will be like my sewing abilities (handsew awesomely but can't for the life of me figure out a sewing machine), so I doubt I'll need a wheel. ;) Anyway, I've been doing a LOT of reading on spinning and dyeing, so I have a good idea of where to start; I got three books that look to be helpful. Unfortunately, I'm having internet issues (it's taken me about an hour to write this post), so I'll link to those later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...