Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hmm... methinks I may have a fiber addiction

Still working on my swap partner things; I'm getting better at spinning, but it still takes me a while.

Here's the finished silk yarn:


and a closeup:

It has so many neat colors twisted around! It's only about 35 yards, though.

I'm getting better at plying, but it's still rather loose. My WPI/plying tool is really helpful at not getting the strands tangled, and I just love my new lazy kate:

My fiancé bought it for me from Spinsanity on Etsy and it works like a charm! (Way better than the ice cream container and paper towel rolls I had been using!) The green on there is bamboo yarn I'm spinning up for my Ravelry swap partner and the other stuff is leftover silk.


Here's what I'm currently spinning- more green bamboo and black wool, both for swaps.

And while I'm spamming you with pictures, here's my spinning basket:

3 bottom whorl spindles (a beginners wood one from this shop, my lovely butterflygirldesigns spindle, and a heavy Louet I use for plying), 2 top whorls (from this shop), small niddly-noddy, scissors, hand carders, my WPI/plying tool, nostpinne, and some spun wool that's waiting to be dyed and plied.


Oh, and I got my awesome Ravelry shirt today!

I loves it! It's so comfy and it's a dark color (I love dark shirts), and the little animals are so cute!


And before I forget (I meant to post this sooner), I got blogged about! Scroll down the page and you can see my wench plushie. :D

Also, I snagged another treasury for the EtsyHookers Creative Challenge. It's here- click and comment, please! And please vote for your favorite entry if you haven't yet.

I think that's all for now. I've got D&D tonight, so that'll be fun. :)

4 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Your spinning looks very lovely. I do think you are well on your way to an addiction.
Hey, I want a Ravelry shirt like yours. Going now to look for one.
Maple

Merily said...

Thanks! I'm slowly working my way to thinner and thinner yarn. :)

I just love my ravelry shirt- I want more of them!

My friends were over last night and when they saw my shirt, they said "Ewww, you eat llamas?" I replied with an automatic "Alpacas" before I realized they said "eat". lol!

Knitted Gems said...

Your spindles are gorgeous! I can't believe how many you have.

Plus, I'm amazed at the different types of fibers you are spinning. I'm not brave enough to branch away from wool yet. I've heard silk and bamboo can be slippery.

Love your Rav shirt!

Merily said...

Thanks! I have an addiction to buying spindles- I just keeps seeing nice ones that I want to try out. :D

Yeah, bamboo and silk are more slippery than wool, but I didn't really have any trouble spinning it. It's slippery, but the fibers still stick together and everything. Plus, silk and bamboo are so soft!

And thanks! Now I want more of the Ravelry shirts- lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...