Thursday, May 08, 2008

I'm in spinner's heaven!

I just have to blog about all the awesome spinning things I got this week!


Lovely, soft silk roving I got custom dyed from castleman on Etsy. (I'm going to be turning this into yarn for my Ravelry swap partner.) I just love the colors! They're a bit darker than the flash of my camera made them.


Pretty pretty (and soft!) bamboo roving I got from traditionsfiberarts on Etsy. I had no idea bamboo was this soft!


I finally got some hand carders! (Now I can use the bits of roving that I've been accumulating.) The hand carders are the perfect size I needed and came with lots of pretty color merino roving (cream, light pink, dark pink, and red). I got these from shunklies on Etsy.




My spindle from butterflygirldesigns came today, too! This is a custom bottom whorl spindle, and both whorls are removable so I can use either or both. I haven't tried spinning with it yet, but just spinning it around on my hand showed me how nicely balanced it is. I can't wait to use it!

And last but definitely not least, a HUGE box came in the mail today and I was utterly confused because I hadn't ordered anything big. But then I opened it and realized it was from my EtsyFAST swap partner Lisa from mackhillfarm! She's so awesome- look at all she sent me! Here are two pictures (one with a flash) to show the colors off:



That's right- four different colors (I think it's Icelandic and Shetland wool) of off-white, grey, brown, and black! She also added in some of her honey; I had some in my tea this morning- it was great! :D My side of the swap is that I'm going to spin and crochet her socks from the yarn, but I'm also going to throw something else in there (just not sure what else yet-lol!).

I told my fiancé that I'm so happy I'm in the clouds- really fluffy clouds made of wool! :D

I want to get started spinning for my swaps, but I'm hanging out with my best friend and visiting my grandparents today, so it's going to have to wait until tomorrow. You can bet that all day I'm going to have a dreamy "I got pretty fiber!" look on my face! ;)

2 comments:

temptressyarn said...

You really ARE in trouble, woman! You just started spinning and already have enough fiber to start insulating your house (or at least, that's what I tell my husband all those packages of wool are for). And that spindle looks fabulous! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Merily said...

LOL! I'm going to have to remember that one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...