Friday, June 20, 2008

FAST June challenge is done!

This is the earliest I've ever finished a challenge thing. (Yes, I know it's the 20th. Sad, huh?) I would have actually been done sooner since I knew who I'd pick as my hero as soon as the challenge was announced, but I couldn't figure out how to make something that fit.

I picked Terry Pratchett as my hero; I adore the man- he's so talented, funny, and sweet. When I met him at a signing last year he was just unbelievably charming (I sat in the front row while he talked, was the first person to get my books signed, and I, my friend, and fiancé were all in costume. My devotion runs deep!). I was devastated when I learned he had Alzheimer's!

I eventually decided to do something lilac-related (lilacs are both a Discworld plot point, and the symbol the fans have picked up to support Pterry/raise money for Alzheimer research) and since he's a writer, I made bookcovers in the color of lilacs. I wanted to go beyond the covers, so I also made a fabric bookmark with a Discworld quote about books.

The quote is:
The three rules of the Librarians of Time and Space are:
1) Silence
2) Books must be returned no later than the date last shown
3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality


Here are the covers and the bookmark:






Also, if the set sells, I'm going to donate half the money to the Alzheimer's Research Trust for "Match It For Pratchett". I donated a bit months ago when "Match It For Pratchett" started, but I'd like to give more. :)


I still have to figure out what to do for my other teams challenges, but right now I'm going to go work on the crocheted goblins for my fiancé.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...