Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What do you mean I haven't updated in a while? *looks sheepish*

Apparently I can't update both this blog and my personal one at the same time. I'll update this one almost daily and neglect my livejournal for a month, and then I'll switch and do the opposite. Heh. Fandoms have been winning out over art, so I've been dorking out about video games. On the plus side, I found a way to combine them; I'm going to make myself Pit and Sheik plushies once I'm done the batch of stuff I have to finish first. (I think I'm going to have to get yarn before I can start, though- I don't have fluffy enough white yarn for Pit's wings and I'm lacking the right blue for Sheik's ... er... leotard thing. XD )

Right now I'm working on a set of Goblin plushies for my fiancé for his birthday (yeah, I'm running behind). They're eventually going to be painted to look like this, but at the moment I've only got Igik crocheted and Boss in pieces. Here's Igik, naked and without a face:

He'll look a lot better once he's finished. I'm planning on crocheting them all first, then adding the faces and clothes and stuff.

I'm also working on a bookcover/bookmark set for the EtsyFAST June challenge of "Heroes". I picked Terry Pratchett as my hero (obviously- I love the man!) so I'm going to try to somehow include lilacs and a turtle. I don't have a picture of it yet because it just looks like a boring flat piece of crochet at the moment.

I'm not sure if I'm going to have a chance to do the challenge things for my other teams yet because I also have to do two things for Sweet Charity ASAP- one is a set of runestones and another is a plushie. It's a good thing I like making plushies, what with all of them in the works! :)

I'm going to go crochet in a bit but first I'm going to... er... play Zelda. Then I promise I'll get to work! Really! *tries to look innocent*

2 comments:

Hippie Dippy Designs said...

Looks great so far. I haven't even tried that type of crochet yet. = )

Merily said...

Thanks! I'm getting pretty good at making plushies- my clothing-making needs work, though. lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...