Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Almost done plushie!

In an attempt to catch up on all the plushies I need to do (seriously, I think I have 8 or so lined up- unfortunately mostly as gifts, not as sales) I spent all day working on my Pit plushie to get him out of the way. After fighting with the toga (who would have thought that it would be so hard to duplicate? I still don't think the design of his toga can be exactly duplicated. It loops around funny), I got that sewn (more draped than sewn, really) on him and got to work on adding the wings and the felt accessories to his wardrobe.

This is what I have so far:

Tomorrow I'm going to sculpt his brooch, bow/sword, and bracelets (still have to figure out a way to make those float- wire, maybe?), crochet his belt and laurels, and finish painting the gold parts on his accessories.

And I'm aware that his hair came out too long (I didn't realize when I crocheted in the pipe cleaners that it would make the spikes that much longer). Maybe he's just been growing it or something. And he really doesn't look cross eyed in person. XD

I'm waiting for his paint to dry now, or else I'd still be working on him. I'll post pictures of the finished Pit tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...