Monday, July 28, 2008

New chainmaille!

Okay, it's still the same weave I was doing before (4-in-1), but this time I used rubber jump rings.




I love rubber jump rings! They're a bit harder to join (since you can only open the regular jump rings and there are less of those than the rubber ones- the silver ones are the regular rings), but I love how it doesn't need a clasp! The bracelet just stretches over my hand and stays nice and tight on my wrist. :) I'm going to have to order more rubber rings now; I only have the black and green ones.

I also want to start working on other types of weaves; I've mastered the 4-in-1, so I want to try ones that are harder. (I'm using this book to teach me. It's really helpful and gives really easy to follow steps!)


I just ordered two more bamboo rovings from Judy (traditionsfiberarts on Etsy) to use for the "Handspun Heptathalon" on Ravelry. I spun bamboo for a swap partner a few months back and I really wanted to spin some more; I like spinning bamboo better than wool or silk, so I wanted to treat myself. ;) I can't wait until the Ravelympics start, but until then I'm going to work on some "training" and finish the yarn I already have on my spindles. I'm thinking about signing up for a third event (the "Amigurumi-n-Toys Toss") because I'm going to be working on plushies for my best friend for her birthday anyway.


And I still haven't heard back from the person who bought my plushie for Sweet Charity; I feel bad because it's already been paid for, but I have no idea where to send it and I still need some advice from her for some finishing touches.

3 comments:

Orion Designs said...

Meri- that chain maille is fabulous! I'm very intrigued by the rubber jump rings ... seems like ti would make the bracelet very comfy.

Hey - I recently joined Ravelry, but I haven't done anything there yet. I'm not sure I *get it*!

Ainsley said...

That is a really great bracelet, Meri, I love it!

Merily said...

Thanks, guys! :D

The bracelet is very comfy and the rubber rings make it so it's not as cold to the touch as most chainmaille is.

Yay, you're on Ravelry! It's addicting once you get into it. ;) What's your username there so I can friend you? And I can help you if you need it. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...