Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ravelympics day 11 and chainmaille

Day 11 (at least I think it was day 11; I'm starting to lose track)- finished my first Ravelympics yarn! (It took so long because I wanted to finish the crochet things first.)







It's about 70 yards. The shiny yarn is silk and the regular blue is "mystery wool"- both are rovings I got from WhorlingTides on Etsy. The blue wool has bits of shiny and parts that are pink.

I also started spinning the next yarn I'm doing (one of the bamboo rovings), but I didn't get very far, so I didn't bother taking a picture yet.

And since I was starting to get burned out from fiber, I started working on a chainmaille pouch last night. After spending most of the day on it, I got it done tonight.

This is what it looked like when it was still a strip of maille:

I know it's not centered, but it didn't matter since it would end up a circle, so I didn't bother.

Here's what it looks like finished, one with a flash and one without:



I made it to hang from my Renfaire costume. It's not that large, but can fit my wallet or phone or something. It looks pretty good, but I lost where I was when I was decreasing at the bottom so it's not perfect. The next pouch I make I'll mark the rows so it looks even at the bottom. But now I have to order more rings since I used most of my silver colored ones. (Oops?)

And apparently I have an obsession with sticking Triforces on things. ;) I just thought it would look neat on a pouch.

3 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

Your yarn looks so pretty!

I just purchased roving from Whorling Tides too. I'm using it to spin up the alpaca fleece. It's slow, but it makes the whole process much more enjoyable.

Ainsley said...

All I can say is WOW! You are really talented, Meri!

Merily said...

Awww, thanks, guys! :D

Yeah, the roving I got from Whorling Tides is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...