Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ravelympics, day 6

Yeah, I know I'm all sorts of behind; I knew I'd never be able to keep up posting everyday. ;)

Day 5- Didn't get too much done because I had to wait for paint to dry before I could put on the final touches. Painted the back of Death and sewed and painted the scythe blade. Also made the first two cat toys for the "Pets Pommel Horse" event.
Here are the cat toys:


The one on the left is a mouse and the right is a fish; both have catnip in them, of course! I didn't add the detail to the fish because since I paint instead of embroider, I didn't want the cat chewing off the paint or something. I still want to make another two or so toys as well as a collar before the end of the Ravelympics.

Day 6- Finished the Death plushie (added snaps to the robe, sewed the scythe blade to the handle, and crocheted a few extra rows to the hood). Death himself turned out great (better than the first one I did), but I'm not too keen on how the hood looks. I crochet plushie clothing without any pattern and seem to have done something different with the hood (it's tighter, but by the time I realized that, it was too late to fix). (The colors are off from the flash, too- it's a darker red than that.)



Today I also started the parrot plushie. It's a way different pattern than I'm used to, so I hope it turns out okay. I may have to make two if the first one ends up weird looking. I didn't get a picture of this because I'm way too tired to go dig through my bag to pull it out.

Forgive any typos I may have in here; I'm exhausted and am going to bed. I'll update Ravelry tomorrow.

3 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

WOW! I LOVE the Death/Grim Reaper plushie. You did a fabulous job!

Hippie Dippy Designs said...

Awesome! Tjpse are too cool. = )

Merily said...

Thank you! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...