Friday, August 08, 2008

Ready for the Ravelympics!

I finished spinning my yarn last night (I finished both yarns rather than just the one I had predicted), so now both of my spindles are cleared off and ready to go for the Ravelympics!

And I'm ready, too!

I'm wearing my "Yarrrn" shirt today and my Sto Helit coat of arms pendant. The shirt is obvious; I'm wearing the pendant in loyalty of my team, The Ankh-Morpork Knitters Guild. I'd wear my whole Susan costume, but that would be ridiculous even for me. ;) I'll even stick my stuffed animal raven Quoth near my projects to guard them from the cat. (Yeah, like that'll work!)

And hey, check out the status bars in the sidebar of my blog! (Unfortunately, the Handspun isn't there because the code doesn't seem to work on stash.)

Anyway, these are the events I'm taking place in:
Pets Pommel Horse- I'm going to be making cat toys for my cat and my best friend's cats, and possibly a collar or something, as well. I have no pattern for this, so I'm just going to wing it.

Handspun Heptathlon- I'm using the yarns mentioned in this entry for this event. I don't know if I'll have time to finish all four (five, if you count the bonus wool), but I'm going to at least try to finish one bamboo and one silk.

Amigurumi Toss- I'm making two plushies for my best friend's birthday. She wants a Death (like this one) wearing a blood red robe, and I'm going to be making her a parrot using this pattern. Unfortunately, I'm going to be behind with this event because I still need to get the red yarn and stuffing for the plushies; I won't be able to do much with this event until tomorrow at the earliest. (Yeah, my car is still in the shop.)

I'd also love to make a Death of Rats plushie for myself, but I rather doubt I'm going to have much time to do so.


Now I'm off to start working on my events! (After lunch and cleaning up the apartment for Dungeons and Dragons tonight. What, me start anything on time?)

Go Team Ankh-Morpork Knitters Guild!

2 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

I can't believe you finished spinning the yarn already! I think I only accomplished about 2 yards. Giggle.

BTW - Your plushies rule!

Merily said...

lol! Well, I usually only spin up 30 or so yards a time on my spindle, and I still have to ply the one (the green) with something later. :)

Awww, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...