Friday, September 12, 2008

Delayed update- puppy and a pouch

Sorry for the lack of updates; I haven't been feeling well and then I got stuck on dogsitting duty for my parents' new puppy.

This is said puppy:


Her name is Chloe and she's a bishon. She's a super sweet puppy even if she is still in the biting and having to go outside every hour phase. As cute as she is, I was glad to get home, though, and be greeted by the usual head bumps and meows for food from my cat. As much as I love dogs, I'm much more a cat person; I prefer their independence and calm love to hyperactive wet kisses. ;)

Anyway, I did get two things done this week- a pouch for the EtsyFAST "Harvest" challenge, and a set of skull runestones. I haven't listed the runestones yet so I'll save that for the next update, but this is the pouch:




I had made the pouch months ago but couldn't figure out what to paint on it, then I found it in one of my craft drawers last week and finally knew what to do with it. :)

I'm also still working on the dragon shawl:


I'm really loving how it's turning out!

Tomorrow I'm going to try to work on more clay things; I want to make a set of fall leaf runestones, and my best friend wants a "boob dragon". Don't ask. XD

4 comments:

Red Berry Crochet said...

Awwwww, what a cute puppy :) Your harvest pouch is very pretty and I love the painted leaves, you are so talented! Hmmm, a boob dragon? Okay, I won't ask, LOL!

Niere said...

I'm the same way as you. I'm much more of a cat person. Dogs... are ok, but I get sick of getting jumped on and licked to death by my friends' dogs. I prefer a cat to curl up on my lap and sleep.

Orion Designs said...

I love the harvest pouch Meri! And the dog, well, the dog is too cute for words. I'm definitely a dog person.
Vicki

Merily said...

Thanks for the kind words about the puppy and the pouch. :D

Yeah, exactly, Niere! I much prefer my kitty sleeping on my lap than being licked to death by a dog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...