Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Finished yarn and I started my shawl

I meant to post a picture of this yarn the other day but lazy Meri is lazy. This is the bamboo yarn I started during the Ravelympics and finished a few days ago:





I didn't get a good count to see how much it is, but I think it's something like 75-80 yards. Anyway, it's the most even and thin yarn I've spun and plied yet, so I'm really happy with it. :)

And now on to what I'm currently working on- this dragon shawl for the Dragon Cave group knit-and-crochet along on Ravelry.



It's coming out pretty well for my first attempt at a shawl, but for some reason the one side is slowly rising higher- I don't know if I'm miscounting stitches or what. I'm going to try to even it out before it gets more noticeable.

I think the main problem I'm having is this:


I can't read my pattern through the cat! I don't know why she likes my pattern book so much, but it's become her favorite laying spot. I'm thinking it's because she seems me looking at the book and wants me to look at her, so she sits where the book is. She'd be smart if she wasn't so dumb. ;) I hate pushing her off because I love giving the kitty scratches, so it means my crochet time is on the cat's schedule. Clara has me wrapped around her little paw.

I'm planning on continuing to work on the shawl, but I have some things I also want to start- I want to make some runestones for Halloween, some more chainmaille, I have a pouch I finished crocheting months ago that I never finished because I couldn't think of what to paint on it (I'm going to use this for the FAST "Harvest" challenge, as soon as I think of something), and I have to take better pictures of the Halloween stuff I made last year.

And can I randomly mention that I hate how the sun is setting so early now? It's dark in my room by six and it's a pain because that used to be the time I took photos of my stuff. I'm going to have to rearrange my schedule, and I'm lazy. *whines*

2 comments:

LazyTcrochet said...

I see I need to spend more time on Ravelry! Oh and there's nothing wrong with being Lazy!

Merily said...

I love Ravelry! I don't spend that much time on it, but I still consider myself addicted to the site. ;)

lol! You would say that. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...