Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finished my first Pratchgan square!

Bleh, all we ever have is bad luck here- my fiancé just got into a car accident. The guy in front of him stopped fast to avoid a branch in the road, and Josh hit him when his car slid on the wet pavement. Fortunately Josh, our friend who was in the car with him, and the other driver are fine; Josh's car is smooshed in in the front, but it's still working. I hope it doesn't cost too much to fix because we don't have the extra money right now- hopefully since it's getting near the holidays, I'll sell some stuff to help him out. I'm just glad everyone is okay and didn't get hurt!

But on a happier note, I just finished my first Pratchgan square:


This one is for "Color of Magic" and represents the skull dice cup (with rubies stoppered in the orifices) used by the gods of the Disc, and the three dice have the numbers 5, 6, and 3 up to match the roll of The Lady. (I would have used a seven, but alas, none of my six sided dice have sevens. ;) ) Josh charted out the skull for me, then I cross stitched it onto the crocheted square, then sewed on three dice beads. I think it came out great for my first try at the afghan stitch and cross stitching!

Now I can't wait to get started on something for "The Light Fantastic". I have to reread the book first since it's been years since I've read it and have no idea what happens in it. Go figure- the two books I have an idea for won't come up for three books/months, and 15 books/months: I'm going to do the Sto Helit coat of arms for "Mort" and Imp Y Celyn's Lifetimer (hourglass) for "Soul Music". And my most favorite book "Thief of Time" isn't for another 25 books/months. I doubt I'll be able to wait that long, though, since I have a huge crush on Lobsang it's my favorite. But I'm rambling about my biggest obsession, and I'm sure most of you don't know what the heck I'm talking about (and in that case, go read the Discworld books! I promise that you won't regret it!).

Anyway, I'm also working on the lapghan I decided to make for the EtsyHookers "hearth and home" challenge. I just hope I can finish it by the 9th!

And I got tagged by Brenda for a quiz/meme thing, so I'll post that in the next update. I'm going to go crochet now. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...