Thursday, November 13, 2008

Haircuts and arts

Bleh, I still haven't caught up with street team things yet- I'm hoping to do that by Friday. Hopefully my back won't decide to boycott again anytime soon because I need to get things done! I'm going to start Christmas presents this week, and since I'm making all of them I'll be very busy for the next month! (Ooo, gotta remember to list the tree ornaments I made last year and didn't have a chance to list.)

But anyway, it's been a pretty good past few days. :) My sister came over last night and gave me a haircut (she went to beauty school and has her license and stuff, so she's my cheap personal hairdresser. ;) ) I was so sick of the knots and deadness from having dyed my hair too much over the past few years (my hair grows really fast so at one point I was dyeing it every three weeks or so) that I just told her "hack it all off and layer it". So now instead of long, curly blond hair, I have short, awesomely sticking out brown hair:

I love that I don't have to do anything with it, and the messier it is, the better it looks. :D I think I'm going to keep it this short for a while because it'll be almost perfect for the Pit costume I'm planning on making next year (finally a cosplay that matches my eye and natural hair colors!).

And yeah, I meant to make this post about what I've been working on before I got distracted. These are my current projects:

That's my first ever pair (well, one and 1/4) of crocheted socks! I was thinking the other day how it's getting cold and I need more warm socks to wear around the apartment when it dawned on me that I had found a sock pattern on Ravelry and had some fingering weight yarn laying around. The other thing in the picture is the second Pratchgan square- this one is for "The Light Fantastic". It's going to be the luggage standing in front of the red star, but it's only about half done.

And last, this is a pair of earrings that I had a custom request for (from my FAST teammate Marie).

She wanted kidney earrings for her husband's aunt who is going to be having a kidney transplant. I'm glad she came to me because they were fun to make- I love making unique things! (Hence goblin plushies and boob dragons from earlier this year, lol.) I hope she likes them. :)

I got a request from my best friend to draw her Gaia characters so I've also been working on those, but I haven't gotten very far yet. I'm hoping I'll have drawing inspiration tomorrow and can get one or two of them done.

So I've been busy and am planning on being busy for a while. It's a good kind of busy, though!

2 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

The haircut looks great on you!

Thanks again for my kidney earrings. I can't wait to receive them.

Merily said...

Thank you! :D I love having a sister who's a hairdresser! :)

You're welcome! Josh sent them either yesterday or today, so they should get there soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...