Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Haven't been able to work on much art lately

Ugh, my back has been hurting terribly over the past two weeks, so I haven't been making much or doing much street team stuff. I think the change in weather is what triggered the pain, added on top of a twenty year old mattress and the fact that I hurt my back a few years ago and it will occasionally flair up. It just hasn't been this bad in over a year, when it was hurting from being on the computer all the time at my old job. But I'm getting a brand new mattress delivered tomorrow, so I'm really really hoping that'll make it better.

I haven't been able to finish my entry for the EtsyHookers "hearth and home" challenge because I can only crochet for a short time before the pain gets too much. :( This is what I have of the lapghan so far:


It's probably a bit more than halfway done, then I want to crochet fall colored flowers and leaves to sew on it.

At least not being able to make art has meant that I've been able to read- I finished "The Light Fantastic" and am thinking of what I can do for that Pratchgan square. I think I'm going to crochet a black square and then embroider a red star, but I'd also love to do something with the Luggage and/or onions instead. I don't know why I like that scene with Rincewind looking for onions so much. XD

So, yeah, I haven't really been doing much art-related recently. :( I really hope my back feels better soon because I need to start making Christmas presents.

2 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope you feel better soon!

Did you do anything to make the colors pool that way? It looks so pretty with the different designs made by the colors.

Merily said...

Thanks! I'm feeling better now. :)

Nope, that's just the way the crochet stitch made the colored yarn look. I love working with multi-colored yarn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...