Thursday, November 20, 2008

Still making presents

I listed another snowflake in my shop tonight, but otherwise everything I've been working on have been gifts.

This first thing isn't really a present, but my best friend wanted me to draw her characters on Gaia as a band, so I did. :) I'd post it here, but it's not working with my layout- you can see the drawing here.

This is the friend who had me make her a boob dragon a few months ago and who I also made a Death for, so I considered this an almost normal request. ;) But yeah, it was fun to draw- I drew them separately in my sketch book, inked them, then colored them in colored pencils, then scanned the pictures and pasted them together. I know I'm not the best at drawing, but I like how they came out. (Well, other than the fact that shrinking down the image made the drummer's glasses look wonky.)

The other thing I finished recently is this snowman plushie:

I'm going to give it to my grandmother for Christmas. :) The pattern for this came from theoleatticchest on Etsy.

And since I'm using this list to help me keep track, here's what I've done so far:
-Crochet something for my sister- done!
-Crochet present for Mommom M- done!
-Crochet present for Josh's parents (I also might give them some ornaments I'm almost done making)
-Another crocheted thing (sort of like the previous two) for Mommom and Poppop
-Extra present(s?) for Care (she's in the D&D group, but she gets extra since she's my best friend)
-Cross stitch/crochet a present for my parents- started!
-Make something for Josh
-Something for all five people in my D&D group

I'm going to get some sleep now. My back started hurting again, so I don't want to be at the computer too long. If it's still this bad in a week, I'll go to the doctor. I don't have health insurance, so I really don't like going to the doctor, but maybe there's something she can give me for the pain. I obviously can't have xrays or tests since I'd be paying those off for the next 20 years. Yay, healthcare in America.

2 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

I love your snowman! He's so darn cute.

You are doing much better than me on Christmas presents. Just when I cross something off, I add another item.

Merily said...

Thanks! I might have to make a snowman for myself- I've fallen in love with it!

lol! I'll probably end up doing that, but I figure I can make extra presents for people once I have something done for everyone. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...