Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas present update

Hurrah, most of my family and friends have gotten the presents I made them, so I can finally make a post showing what I made for them. :D (I still have to give my D&D friends and my best friend their gifts, so those will be in the next update.) So to warn you, this is going to be a picture-heavy update.

First, the scarf and hat I crocheted:

The scarf (it's alpaca and wool yarn) went to my fiancé's mom who really wanted a brown scarf, and the hat (just acrylic yarn) went to my grandmother who had been complaining about how she didn't have a winter hat. I'm the cold weather gear supplier for my family. ;)

Next are the plushies I crocheted- I think I may have already posted pictures of some of them:

The penguin went to my grandmother, one of the snowmen to my other grandparents, and the other snowman went to Josh's parents as part of their gift. The pattern for these came from theoleatticchest on Etsy.


And now onto the fun things! I made all these for my Nintendo/video game obsessed fiancé and had so much fun making them. :D



This is the little ROB robot that I sculpted and painted (the colors look a bit off because my camera didn't want to photograph it well). ROB is one of the characters Josh plays all the time in Smash Bros, and he also has the actual robot and its games. I made this so it would be about the size to put on his desk (it's only a few inches tall), and I even made a little gyro (the top looking thing), although this ROB can't hold it quite right.



This is Josh's favorite thing that I made him- it's a crocheted piranha plant from the Mario games (I got the pattern from michellerheaume on Etsy). It's a bit flopsy, though (Josh said we should try sticking wire in it), hence why I'm holding it in the pictures, but it's so big and cuddly! (If a piranha plant can be cuddly, lol.)


More Mario crochet! This is the star from the Mario games- I crocheted the two stars, embroidered eyes on the one side, then sewed them together and stuffed it. I found this pattern on Ravelry.


Now it's Pacman time! I made this pillow to match the bedspread and wall hanging that I got Josh for Christmas last year. I cut the ghost and Pacman out of felt and sewed them (and three white buttons) onto a square of black suede-ish fabric, then sewed that square onto a silky red square, and stuffed it with fiberfill.



And now the last of the Pacman presents. These are ornaments I made from felt and sewed together. I really like how Ms Pacman turned out. :)

And that's all the photos for now; I'll post the rest of the presents I made after my friends get them. I've taken sort of a break from making things... well, I'm attempting to sew a large bandanna/scarf type thing just for the heck of it, so I guess that counts. I want more of them for my renfaire costumes (and just to wear), and I'm trying to see if I can make them; unfortunately, I chose to start with crushed velvet and that material is a pain to sew in a straight line (I handsew- not sure how hard it would be if I had a machine), so I know it's going to end up all lopsided. Hopefully it won't be too noticeable.

I also want to start making more Smash Bros plushies (yup, that obsession is still going strong) and I need to work on my Pratchgan, so I guess I'll be making things for myself for a bit. I have to get back into the swing of my shop and street teams, but my back is still icky if I sit at the computer for long, so that'll have to wait a bit longer. I just want it to be spring so I don't hurt anymore! But hey, I got a Wii Fit for Christmas, so I'm hoping that doing those yoga things everyday will help my back.

4 comments:

Orion Designs said...

You are so incredibly creative! I'm sure everyone loved their gifts.
Vicki

Merily said...

Thank you! :D I still have three more to give, but so far everyone has loved them, which has made me super happy. :)

Knitted Gems said...

I love the Pacman presents the best. They are so creative and fun!

Merily said...

Thanks! Yeah, the Pacman ones were the most fun to make- I love all the colors of the ghosts. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...