Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lack of updates= lots of pictures

Yeah, yeah, I know I haven't updated in a while. I've been working on presents (almost done Josh's last one, then I just have one more small one to make!) and my back's still been hurting, so I haven't really been able to update. I did finish a few things I can share (since they're not presents) and wanted to post a few pictures, too. :)

First, all the Artisan Beaders got their Secret Santa presents, so I can share the pretty I got. :)

That's the awesome necklace I got from Brandi (she's CatiesBlue on Etsy). I absolutely love this necklace- it's my favorite colors of silver and green and it's got a celtic/elvish feel to it that's exactly my kind of style. It matches my green renfaire costume perfectly, and I'm going to wear it whenever I dress up in anything that'll match. :D

I was the Secret Santa to Marcy (StudioMarcy on Etsy) and she posted pictures of the necklace I made her in her flickr. I'm so glad she likes it!

I also wanted to post about the crocheted socks I finally had a chance to finish:



They're my first pair of crocheted socks, so they didn't come out exactly perfect (they're a bit tight and the heel on the one isn't as good as the other), but I think they came out pretty well for my first try at socks. They're definitely warm!

And last but not least (told you there were lots of pictures in this update!), I also made a set of Christmas stockings for us this week:



They're small, but that's fine because we don't have a fireplace anyway, lol. They're hanging on our entertainment shelf thing next to the tree.

They're crocheted in acrylic yarn, then I added ribbon to the top and glued glitter on them. I tried to use our favorite colors, but since Clarabell is a cat, I'm not sure if she likes purple or not. ;) I know she'll be happy when hers has mousies in it on Christmas morning, though!

I also took a picture of our tree, but since this post is already super image heavy, I'll wait until the next update to post that. I'm going to go work on Josh's present now. :)

2 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

Ooh, pretty necklace! And I love your stockings. I'm ashamed to say that we have store-bought ones hanging on our mantle. I really should do something about that.

Merily said...

Thanks! Yeah, Brandi did a great job on the necklace; it's exactly the style I love. :)

And thanks! It took me three years to realize that we didn't have stockings. I guess because we don't have a fireplace, it never really occurred to me to make them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...