Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Music Meme

I did this meme in my personal livejournal, but I figured I'd do it again here. This way the people who read this blog can join in, and since I'm making presents for my best friend and fiancé right now and they read my blogs, I can't post about what I'm currently working on and finishing. This week has been stealth-mode, trying to get presents done for said fiancé without him finding out. ;)

Anyway, here's the meme:
Put your MP3 player thingy on shuffle, and write down the first line of the first twenty songs. Post the poem that results.

My hand stopped her cold from its place in the air
Dry your eyes and quietly bear this pain with pride
Hold them down, our bleeding suspects
Sitting on the corner of Nowhere Road
All these changes taking place
Everywhere someone's getting over
Big wings and small waters
Old memories are unfaithful things, they bind the strongest will
Along a road in Hardorn, the place called Stony Tor
Step one you say we need to talk
Don't bother going through your motions
I'll take your words as if you were talking to me
Oh tell the tale of the wicked soldier
Vengeance is as vengeance does
Home, home is like an open road
Shadow-Lover, never seen by day
This time I won't take it back
The East wind is calling, so come ride away
Here's something you don't get in the history books
She doesn't look, she doesn't see


Heh, this one makes slightly more sense than the last "poem" my songs shuffled into. ;)

And now I'm going to go back to working on Josh's presents before my back decides to get really bad again; it always feels worse at night.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...