My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pratchgan update

I finally finished the December square for the Pratchgan-Along (I got so far behind what with making presents and all). The good news is that I'm already well on my way to finishing the January square, so I may actually finish something early for the first time in my life. ;)

The December book was Equal Rites, and this is what I came up with:


The girly colors of the square represent Esk, as the first female wizard, and the broom is her staff disguised as a broom. The tea cup is for Granny, who gets stuck reading tea leaves throughout the book. As always, my awesome fiancé charted out the design for me and I cross stitched it onto a crocheted square. :)

I'm noticing, though, that even though all of the squares are about 32 stitches by 32 stitches (some may be 33 or 34, though), none of the squares are exactly the same size. I think the problem is that when I cross stitch near the outside of the square, the thickness of that yarn stretches out the crocheted base (I noticed this mostly on this square because the edge of the broom and the handle of the cup are outside, while the center is relatively empty). I guess once I have all the squares done, I'll just crochet around them a few times until they're all the size of the largest squares. I've sort of thought about how to put the blanket together, but since I won't be done for another- what, 3 years? I have plenty of time to figure that out.


And on another subject, I really want to get back into street team things. I feel so guilty that I've abandoned all of them (well, I'm trying to keep up with the ABST forum, and I've been approving members into FAST and trying to read as many posts there as I can, but that's about it). I was hoping that by now my back would be better, but the weather is just crappier and it's feeling just as bad as it was, if not worse. I'm going to borrow my fiancé's laptop this week and see if I can catch up that way; right now I'm on the computer for maybe an hour a day (usually a few minutes at a time) and that's just not long enough to do anything. If the laptop idea doesn't work, I'm going to have to extend my absences until April or maybe late March, and I hate being away and not able to contribute. *crosses fingers that the laptop will help* I am so ready for winter to be over!

One of my resolutions this year is to not harp on things that go wrong (and be less cynical, negative, and whiny- I've fallen into a slump over the past year), so I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best, and if it doesn't work out, just go from there. If I have to take a break from shop things, at least that'll give me more time to focus on reading and studying Old English. :)

2 comments:

Deronda designs... said...

I always discover the most interesting things here.

Merily said...

lol, thanks! Yeah, I do tend to do random projects. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...