My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Friday, May 08, 2009

Another faerie plushie and a question about Google Analytics

I made another thing for the FAE team's (that's the Fantasy Artists of Etsy) "May Queens" exhibition. Or, rather, I started/planned this one first before my chainmaille circlet; I just didn't have a chance to finish or photograph it until now.


She's currently living in my Etsy shop, although I'll be listing her in my Artfire shop (and maybe some others) later this week. I made her to look like a young faerie maiden, dressed up for Spring and May Day/Beltane with an off the shoulder green dress and a silvery circlet (the circlet isn't in that photo, though- it's in some of the other ones in the listing). I really love how bright her eyes came out! I painted the plastic eyes with acrylics (like I usually do), and these came out really nicely. :)

She's crocheted from acrylic yarn, her dress is wool yarn, she has a ribbon belt, green plastic safety eyes, green streaks in her hair, the aforementioned silvery circlet, and her mouth, dots around her eyes, and jewelry are painted on. She's 6" tall with a wingspan of 6 1/2".

I just love making plushies (I think with all the ones I've made for gifts and myself I've made well over a dozen by now), and I'm especially obsessed with making faeries and elves and the like. I've crocheted elves, faeries, and dragons, so it's probably time I crocheted my other favorite fantasy thing of a unicorn. I'd also love to crochet a gryphon (I love those, too), but I'd have no idea how to design one. I wonder if there's a pattern somewhere for a crocheted gryphon?

I'm still working on various ears- I'm almost done another crocheted pair (just have to sew the ears to the headband), and my polymer clay ones that I made earlier are a bit of a disaster. They look pretty nice (or they did before I baked them. Now they've got some lighter spots, but they still look pretty good), but the real problem is that I put the holes in slightly the wrong angle so they won't stay up when I put a cord through them like I do my horns. I'm going to try epoxying the ears to a hair clip and see if they stay up that way. Maybe polymer clay ears won't become a regular thing I make to sell if I can't even get the pair I made for my smaller than human sized mannequin to work. XD


And now for a regularly sceduled question (I have a lot of questions recently, lol). How do you add seperate pages of a website to Google Analytics? It's only pulling up my index page right now. I have it working with StatCounter (the program I usually use) but I'd also like it to work with Google Analytics.

4 comments:

Athena's Armoury said...

She's adorable! By the way, the Stargate plushie just cracked me up -- that's so awesome.

Merily said...

Thanks! :D

lol, thanks! That's the first custom plushie I made for someone, and so far it's the only one I've made where I had no idea who the character was. ;) She sent me pictures of the character and I went from there.

Orion Designs said...

Too cute Meri!

Merily said...

Thanks, Vicki!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...