Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy (early) Mother's Day!

Happy early Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I'm only a mom to a cat, and I doubt she knows what day it is. ;) I did make something for my mom, though! She wanted a pretty anklet, so I tried to make her a pretty and normal one (instead of something chainmaille or fantasyish- she doesn't share my love of fantasy. In fact she usually makes fun of me for it, lol). This is what I came up with:







I tried to get a picture of it on her ankle, but it was getting dark out by then and those pictures didn't come out well (that and I had a dog pouncing on me since I was sitting on the floor to get the pictures, which didn't help either). Anyway, I used a whole bunch of pretty purple and blue glass beads and some purple and blue glass seed beads and strung them on a silver colored metal chain (the package didn't say what kind- aluminum, maybe?). It clasps with a toggle with cute blue flowers on it. I know mom loves blue, so I picked that color, and I had her pick out the clasp from my stash. She really seems to like it! :)

I still have to make crocheted hemp/beaded anklets for my grandmother and sister, so I'll try to work on those tomorrow.

Oh, and I also wanted to share that I finally (after months and months) managed to snag a treasury on Etsy today! I filled it with pretty blue and green things (because those are my colors of choice, of course!), and picked items from members of all six of my street teams. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...