Saturday, May 16, 2009

A post filled with happy/amusing things!

LOL! I'm so amused over here! I was checking out statcounter like I do every night, just out of curiosity to see if people have found my site, and I saw that I had gotten 40 hits today (err... yesterday now). I was like "huh? That's out of the ordinary!" and checked to see where the recent visitors came from.

Turns out someone had posted a picture of my Death plushie (and linked to my plushie page, too- thanks for that, mystery person who found me! Otherwise I never would have known!) on the message board on the Order of the Stick website, because the latest comic had one of the characters holding a doll of another character who happens to be a skeleton (well, lich), hence the Death plushie. It's just extra amusing because I'm not a member of that specific board (instead I chat about OotS on Ravelry or Livejournal), but it's my favorite webcomic (well, 2nd favorite, if my fiancé would ever update his, lol). And it's made even more ironic because I've been planning out OotS plushies for myself for months. So yeah, when I saw that I just gaped at the screen (you know, at all those unexpected views), then started laughing my head off. XD

Anyway, the real reason I wanted to blog today (before I found the amusing second topic) was to mention that I got featured in the Artisan Beaders "Feature Friday" blog post. Thanks for picking my necklace, Brenda! :D

It's this one, my Blue Ocean Beaded Hemp Necklace:



This crocheted and beaded necklace is also the most recent addition to my Etsy and Artfire shops. I still have one more hemp necklace to list that I've finished (need to get more pictures of it, if the sun would come out again!), but I also want to work on a few more. These are fun to make and perfect for summer. :)

Also, I've been thinking about what to make for presents for my fiancé, sister, and best friend (they all have summer birthdays) and I think I've finally figured out what I'm going to do. The all know what they're getting, though (well, Josh may be slightly surprised- he doesn't know the one thing I'm doing). My sister is getting a pink crocheted bolero (she picked out the pattern last night), and my best friend is getting some plushies. I've still got time until her birthday (that's not until August), so I'll probably think of something else for her, too. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...