My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Monday, June 15, 2009

I've definitely been on a jewelry making kick lately

Oh look, another beachy necklace/anklet! This one is my "Edge of the Bay" one- that name came from my fiancé. :)



It's crocheted from off-white (cream, I guess) hemp/wool yarn and has shell and wood beads. It's here in my Etsy shop and here in my Artfire shop.

And I think that may actually be the last of the huge batch of necklaces I made last month- there's one more, but I wasn't happy with how it came out so I'm going to redo it. Don't despair, though! I made three new ones the other day, one of which is going to be my Artisan Jewelers Guild's "Summer Solstice" challenge entry thing, so that'll probably be posted next. :) The only problem is that my sister is on vacation until the end of the month so the new batch of necklaces had to be taken on my own neck- I hope those came out because boy is it hard to take a picture of yourself!


I'm seriously thinking about having a sale in my Artfire shop next week in honor of my birthday on the 30th (maybe 26% off? I dunno). I'm just on the fence because I've never actually sold anything during a sale, and it's always so much work to have to edit everything into sale prices. That's the main reason I'm just going to do it on Artfire- that site has a sale mode that looks nice and easy to use. I feel so cheap when I try to sell things on sale (a lot of my things are pretty low priced to begin with, you know?) but I could really use the extra money because I need a camera and a few more art supplies (not to mention, you know, bills and loans to pay).

Do you think this sounds like a good idea? Is the sale mode on Artfire really as simple as it looks?


Anyway, I'm going to go work on that bottle charm I wanted to start the other day but was missing the epoxy for (Josh brought that over yesterday). I have no idea if it'll work, but if it does there will be a new chainmaille necklace in my shop sometime soon. ...although if it doesn't work, there will still be since I'll just go to Plan B and use other charms. I'm hoping this idea works, though!

Oh, and I did that username thing on facebook, so now you can find me easily at http://www.facebook.com/merigreenleaf.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...