Friday, June 26, 2009

Wreck This Journal Catch-up!


(My WTJ when it was still new)


I mentioned yesterday that I'm joining in a group "Wreck This Journal" thing here, and will try to post new updates about it once a week (I'm going to try my hardest to work on it again- I've been neglecting it for a few months).

Here's a recap of my pages so far- click them to go to the flickr page to see them larger.

Add Your Own Page Numbers:


Pour/Fling/Etc Coffee (or tea, in my case) Page:


Burn This Page:


Scratch Page:


White Things Page:


Write On The Side Of The Pages Page:


Trace Things in Bag Page:


And that's where I am as of now. :)

And since I'm making an entry, I'll post about this here (but I'll also mention it again later so it won't get lost). One of my guilds on Artfire (the Artisan Jeweler Guild) did a "Summer Solstice" challenge, and the voting for it is now up on the guild blog. Please check it out here to view the entries and vote on the right hand side of the blog.

24 comments:

Kavindra said...

I love the dragon! I wish I could draw, I'd put a dragon on my fire page too!

Merily said...

Aww, thanks! :D That's probably the worst drawing of a dragon I've ever done, too, lol- I didn't want to spend a lot of time drawing something that would probably end up burned or soaking wet. ;)

Maybe you could try printing out a drawing of a dragon or using a dragon sticker for the page?

Scarlet said...

I'm a fan of the HOT dragon as well. Very cool.

Btw, was that a sword you used to scratch the page?

Nice photos and artwork!!

WrightStuff said...

haha - the scratch page is just inspired - love it!

Alpaca Granny said...

What a fun journal!

Merily said...

Thank you, all! :D Yup, that's a sword I used on the scratch page- my replica Sting from Lord of the Rings. :)

Leana S May said...

The sword is awesome! Very creative.

Pricilla said...

Hey there!!!
Happy Birthday a touch early.

and big goat hugs of course

Hybrid J said...

Absolutely love the dragon blowing fire to "torch" the journal. You're a wreck start!!! :)

Rose said...

Loving the dragon most of all! Most excellent wreckage!

Merily said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes and goat hugs- I didn't even know goats could hug! ;)

And thanks for the compliments! There will likely be lots more dragons in it since they're my favorite thing to draw. :D

Rose Works Jewelry said...

I have another friend who's doing that - looks like fun!

Merily said...

It totally is! You should totally get a copy of it- I keep telling my best friend that she should get one, too.

Merily said...

And wow, I use the word "Totally" far too often. XD

Kim said...

I like the dragon, too!! And scratching with the sword - NICE!! Creative wreckage!

Merily said...

Thanks, Kim! :D

magpie said...

adore the dragon and the sword

Kirby3131 said...

Now that's a scratching weapon!!

SignatureSterling~Untie the Ribbons! said...

What a FUUUUNNNNN journal!! Love it!!

Congratulations on receiving the "Premio Meme Award"! Details are awaiting you at my blog! :-)

Peace,
Sue
http://signature-sterling.blogspot.com

Merily said...

I'd totally recommend it, Sue!

Oh awesome, thank you! I'll post mine soon for that. :D

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

That's the first skeleton I've seen in Wreck this Journal!! Fab dragon-scorched page on fire too. KEEP ON WRECKING!!!!

Merily said...

lol, glad to see that I'm the first at something! ;)

Jamie Ridler said...

Wow, how wonderful. When I saw the brand new book, it looked so odd to me. I guess I've been seeing so many wrecked ones. Because of that and watching yours change through the week, I really see how through the wrecking we make our mark. Now that journal is well and truly yours!

and lol, I love the dragon!

Merily said...

Yeah, it is definitely weird to look at the picture of the book when it was new!

And thanks, Jamie! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...