Monday, July 06, 2009

Customer love, new photography style, and meet Blaecwen

I apologize for not updating in the past few days. This has been a crazy month, the past week especially. I won't go into it here because I posted about it on Plurk and Twitter and my personal blog (love to all who have given me virtual hugs and support over there!) and I really don't want to think about the craziness that has been more often bad than good, but I will say that my dad is doing well, even though the vision hasn't come back in his one eye yet. *crosses fingers that it will soon*

But on the plus side, I've been selling a bunch of things lately, and I wanted to give a big thanks and a big hug to all those who have bought something from me! *big hugs!* Four of my hemp necklaces went to new homes, along with these runestones, this cartilage earring, this handflower, and this pair of Elf ears.

I also got to make another set of custom runes that I didn't have a chance to blog about when I finished them, so I'll do that now:

You can see more photos of them here. I love making runestones because it's so much fun to play in clay! :D These were a custom order for someone who wanted runestones like the skulls currently in my shop, but with the runes painted in red.

And since I sold those aforementioned Elf/Faerie ears, I decided to put a listing in both my Etsy and Artfire shops for a custom pair- this way if people want Elf ears, they can let me know their color preferences and I can make it for them. (I'd like to make more ready-made ones, but I'm in the middle of a couple of other projects I need to finish first- namely the sweater for my sister's birthday on the 9th).


Since I'm so far behind with my updates, I have two new items that I'd like to blog about that I haven't had a chance to give love to yet:



This is my "Goddess of the Moon" hemp necklace/anklet- it's in my Etsy and Artfire shops.

I'm trying out new styles of photography (mostly to make things look fantasy), as you can tell from the second photo. What do you guys think of using a dragon for a prop? Does it distract too much? That's Bluebell, my shoulder-dragon who wanted in on the shinies. ;)


The other new item is the doll I started last month for the EtsyFAST "Board Games" challenge. Considering that I think I finished the March challenge in May, this was right on time. ;)

One of my favorite board games is chess, so I decided to make one of my faerie dolls based on one of the pieces. The result was Blaecwen, the Black Queen- she's currently spending her time in both my Etsy and Artfire shops, as well. I'd like to make a White Queen to match (and so I can write down the pattern for the dress and hat- I forgot to do that), as well as maybe a Rook, Bishop, Pawn, Knight, and King. What can I say, I like chess. :)


I think I'm caught up now- I hope to post pictures of my sister's sweater/bolero/shrug thing in the next update (almost finished it!), and maybe some of my new finished jewelry or the yarn I've been working on. Who knows?

3 comments:

Rose Works Jewelry said...

I think the dragon looks great - but don't use it as your main picture because it does detract from the AWESOME necklace. But it looks great for other shots :)

tollykit said...

You have been chosen by me to receive a lovely blog award. You can get the cute award picture from my blog.

The rules of the award are:

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.

3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Merily said...

Oh! Okay, I'll keep thank in mind, Ruthie. :) Thanks!

Ooo, thanks, Tolly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...