Saturday, July 18, 2009

I was featured! :D Oh, and look, a cute puppy!

I'm feeling crummy this week (SSRI withdrawal has to be the worst experience ever; "crummy" is very much an understatement), but I wanted to make an update before I forgot what it was I wanted to post about.

First, I finally have an Earth-themed necklace in my shops for my "Elemental" series:

This is "Dryad's Dwelling", another crocheted hemp (in this case hemp/wool) necklace/anklet. It can be found in both my Etsy and Artfire shops. I really like this necklace, but I think I'm out of those larger leaf charms, so I'll have to find some more before I can make one for myself. ;) As usual, Bluebell my shoulder-dragon is modeling it in this photo.


This necklace connects to another thing I wanted to share- I'm in two Etsy treasuries! The "Dryad's Dwelling" necklace can be found in this one, with lots of other lovely magical garden things, and my "Changing Leaves Chainmaille Necklace" is in this treasury with other neat Elven items from the Fantasy Artists (FAE) team. A big thanks for including me, gardenjewels and Hawkwolf!

I was also featured by one of my Artfire guildmates on her blog- I was so excited when I found out! Thanks so much, Bohemian Rose! Scinlaece and Death feel honored, too!

And after I posted this entry, I found out that one of my Createability teammates included my skull runestones in a skulls treasury! Thanks, cindylouwho2!


Lastly, I just wanted to share some cuteness. Chloe went to the groomers yesterday and came back with a new hairstyle and wearing bows and perfume:

I don't think I'd ever put a dog in bows or perfume (or even have a dog that would be prissy enough to need grooming, LOL!), but I have to admit that Chloe is such a sweet and wonderful puppy that I may want my own little fluffball later, in addition to the lab (and another cat or two) that I plan to adopt when I have my own house. I keep telling her that I'm actually a cat person who usually only loves large dogs, but she won't believe me. ;)

9 comments:

betzi said...

congrats on being in 2 treasuries! thats so awesome! And yes, the pup is adroable, pink bows and all!

Merily said...

Thanks! I was so pleasantly surprised to see the features! :D

Aww, I'm sure Chloe would give you puppy kisses for saying that.

Julie said...

What a wonderful article Meri! Thanks for the mention & You are most welcome :) I Love that necklace!! Your work is just SO Beautiful!!

threadsofmagique said...

Congratulations on the treasuries and features! They are all well deserved. Love, love, love that necklace and Chloe is a sweetie

Merily said...

Aww, thanks, guys! :D

Yeah, Chloe is a very sweet puppy! :)

Jenn said...

You're definitely welcome. :) And Chloe is a cutie!

Merily said...

Thanks! I'll have to tell her that she's getting all this praise- not that she'd understand since she's a dog. ;)

luthien said...

"dryad dwelling" is gorgeous!!

Merily said...

Thanks, Luthien!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...