My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Need some ideas for interview questions

Hey, guys, got a question for you. I want to start running interviews on my blog (of artists in my teams/guilds or who I know online, because I want to pimp some talented people ;) ), but I'm having some trouble coming up with interesting questions. I don't want to bore people with this- I'd like this to be an interesting and fun feature.

What would be some funny, interesting, and unique questions to ask people about themselves and their art that would make for fun reading and answering?


And since I'm posting, I may as well share my latest finished/listed thing:

This is "Bardic Bravery", another beaded hemp necklace (this one is too long to work as an anklet, so it's a rare just-necklace), this time in purples and sepias. This is inspired by the same "Dungeons and Dragons" character my old "Aldalion's Ardor" necklace was- my Grey Elf Bard. He was a very unique Grey Elf who wanted to be little like the rest of his race. Grey Elves tend to be scholarly, aloof, and rather condescending; Aldal was cheerful, friendly, and rather lacking in the Wisdom department (his very high Charisma made up for it, though). He joined an adventuring party when barely out of his teens (or the Elven equivalent) with his lyre and lute at his side. He loved purple, probably because it matched his eyes, hence the inspiration for this necklace. :)

It's here on Etsy and here on Artfire.

Methinks I need to start making jewelry based on characters besides Aldal, but of all the ones I've played, he's tied for favorite. (The other favorite would inspire red jewelry, and I don't like red, lol.) Still, I could probably start a whole line of jewelry from D&D characters in the various campaigns; no one would get the inspiration references, but with jewelry that doesn't really matter as long as it's shiny and pretty, right? It would definitely inspire me to make new things, though! ...actually, I'm already getting ideas! I think I will do this! :D

4 comments:

Frenzy23 said...

Ask them to describe their very first project.
Maybe how they got started selling their work?
Or one of those weird questions, like if you were a color/food/texture what would you be?

Witchypoo said...

I love it when artist share what inspired or inspires them on a particular project. Also hear about the process they use from inspiration to completion of a project.

Mana Moon Studios said...

I love your hemp creations, they're fabulous!

One of the best artist interviews I read recently was here: http://joywhitellc.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps...
All the best ~ Sharon

Merily said...

Ooo, I like these ideas! Thanks, guys!

And thanks, Mana Moon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...