My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Check out this awesome leaf purse I got!

Today I want to show off the absolutely amazing purse that I got from a trade I did with my FAE (Fantasy Artists of Etsy) teammate DELdreamart on Etsy. "Amazing" doesn't even begin to describe how much I love this purse!

When Doris contacted me about a trade, I wasn't sure what I wanted from her shop because I loved everything and couldn't pick, but then I saw that she makes custom handpainted bags and was so happy when she said she'd make me one- just looking at the bags in her shop (and, well, everything in her shop, but I just adored her "Kitty at the Window" and "Dragon Egg" purses especially) I know I'd love it because she's such a talented artist! As tempted as I was with those two bags, I'd been wanting a leafy purse for my Elf and Fae costumes for a while, so that was what I asked for. :)

Without further ado, this is the leaf purse that she made me:


And here's a closeup:

Pictures can't do it justice; it really does look like a large leaf! It's just the perfect size and color, and I can't wait to wear it with my costumes. :D For that matter, I think it's going to become one of my main regular purses, too. (I love unique purses- on my old one I had painted the inscription from the One Ring and carried it until it fell apart, and my current ones are a camouflage one with a large skull and crossbones, and handmade one I bought with characters from "The Legend of Zelda" on it.)
And this one also matches the leafy camera case I had made last month; when I go to the Faire, I'm planning on wearing the camera case tied around my waist and the new bag slung across my chest. :)

Anyway, I also wanted to show off the pendants/necklaces that Doris included with my purse:

Aren't those pretty, too? Needless to say, I was so happy when I opened the box today and saw the leaf bag with these two treasures tucked inside. :D

So I highly highly recommend checking out DELdreamart's shop and buying some of her lovely artwork. She's also a very nice lady, as well as being super-talented, so you should definitely stop by her shop!


I didn't have a chance to make a "Trove Thursday" post today showing off artists (I'm trying to avoid my computer as much as possible since I'm having back pain again), but I guess this counts for it. :)

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention that when I showed the bag to my dad, being the Lord of the Rings fan that he is, he mentioned that it would look great on a hobbit or for carrying lembas. I love my dad because he's as dorky as I am! ;)

4 comments:

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Oh wow! That's incredible! I'm jealous :P

Mana Moon Studios said...

What a fabulous trade and gorgeous goodies!! Wow, what's it like to have such a cool Dad?!
♥Sharon

Athena's Armoury said...

How fun! I love trades and it sounds like you had a really great one with Doris.

Merily said...

It was definitely a great trade! :D It was the second trade I've done; they're so much fun!

lol, he is pretty cool, Sharon. I share a love of books with him. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...