Saturday, August 08, 2009

Pretty earrings, keyring, and roving!

Here's another post where I'm going to show off things by other artists. ;) Two of these I won and the third I bought. I apologize for the photos not doing the items justice- they're even prettier than they look!

I won these earrings from my friend Ruthie on her blog (well, I won a gift certificate and used that to buy these earrings I've been eying for a while).

I love these earrings- they're a green I love along with a pretty shade of purple. She makes some very lovely jewelry, so I recommend checking out her shops on Artfire and Etsy. (Lately I've fallen in love with this beadwoven "Legend of Zelda" bracelet that she recently listed- she's very talented!)

And speaking of Ruthie's blog, she did an interview with me yesterday! :D Please check it out, and while you're there you should follow her blog. :)


The next thing I won is this keyring (it's another thing where I won the gift certificate and used it to buy something pretty, lol).

I won this from that fun "Inspiration Blog Party" I joined in last week; it came from the InspirationAvenue team shop, but it's made by manamoon.etsy.com. I recommend checking out both shops! This keyring is absolutely lovely- I'm planning on clipping it to my new leaf purse (or maybe my leaf camera bag) so it can be showed off against something that'll bring out the colors.

And now for the roving I bought from wildhare on Etsy:

I just couldn't resist when the colorway is called "Hobbit" and it's all those earthy greens and browns that I love. I can't wait to spin it up; I'm pretty sure I'm going to use this as part of my Elfling costume, although I'm not sure as what yet- maybe for a waist cincher? I'll have to think about it and see how many yards it is when it's spun. :)

She also included that little batt of other wool that's just as pretty. Thanks for adding that; I love fiber, so I definitely appreciate it!

6 comments:

luthien said...

wow!!! fantastic!! love your keychain choice :) and wildhare ... man... that's interesting! what is it made off? it's a lovely color!!

threadsofmagique said...

Wow! Beautiful things, especially the fiber. We're always looking for good fiber sources and good greens are so hard to find. I've already hearted the shop.

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Thanks for showing off the earrings and all the linky love! That keychain is fantastic and I can't wait to see what you do with the roving!

Merily said...

Thanks, Luthien! It's some sort of wool, let me find the listing...
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=18108124
Yup, it's wool- coopworth wool, although I know very little about sheep to figure out if that's different from other wool, lol.

Oh, awesome, threadsofmagique- she has lovely fiber in her shop!

You're welcome, Ruthie! :D I'll definitely blog about my progress on the yarn.

Mana Moon Studios said...

Wow this is so fabulous, I can't believe you won all these wonderful prizes!! I'm so happy you like the key holder and hey, it would look wonderful on that leaf bag - go figure! Enjoy all your goodies! ;-)
♥Sharon

Merily said...

I know! I never win anything, so to win two things in the same day (or two) was amazing!

I'll definitely enjoy them! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...