Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sneak peeks at what I'm crocheting

Sorry I haven't posted an art update in a while; I've been mostly working on presents for my best friend's birthday (see below for sneak peeks), reading The Silmarillion (for all that I have a BA in English, that book is a hard read even for me), and playing HeroQuest with my friends (it's like a D&D board game). My back has also been bothering me again, so I haven't wanted to be on the computer much. However, I do have a lot I want to share, so I don't want to put that off any longer. :)

This is the latest addition to my shops, "Goddess of the Silvery Moon" hemp necklace/anklet:

(It's here in my Etsy shop and here in my Artfire one.)
I'd been meaning to make another Goddess-themed piece of jewelry and finally figured out what colors (or lack there of, in this case) to do it in. I'm not much of a fan of monochrome, but I'll admit that it does look good on this necklace. :)


Now I want to share a sneak peek of what I've been working on; these are presents for my best friend's birthday. The pictures are as obscure as I could make them because I don't want to give away to her what I'm doing (although more in the case of the plushie since she already tried on the sweater, lol).

It's a very fluffy monster! Run! ...okay, that's the sweater I was talking about; it's so soft and fluffy!


No, that's not a voodoo doll, it's just the plushie I'm working on; the pins are to hold the felt in place while the glue dries.

If you're curious as to what the plushie is going to be, here's a rather obvious hint:

Yup, I'm making her a Dark Link; he's her main Smash Bros character. I'm having a heck of a time finding a picture of his scabbard; I think it's the same color as regular Link's, but I can't find any photos of it. I think I'll just paint it a bit darker than regular Link's.

Maybe finishing this doll will give me the kick I need to finish the small Pit and Sheik ones I started months and months ago. I love making plushies, but once I get to the making clothes stage I tend to procrastinate- I'm really not looking forward to duplicating the toga I made for the larger Pit plushie I made last year, and Sheik's wraps are almost as annoying. I think the main problem is that those two character's clothing have to be fabric rather than crocheted (or else it'd be too thick), and I don't like working in fabric. (Heck, I want to crochet my Pit cosplay rather than sew it.)

But I'm rambling. The last thing I wanted to share was this really pretty feather I found while taking a walk the other day. I think it's from a blue jay:

I collect feathers (I use them for dreamcatchers and hair accessories), so I love finding new ones! If you have any extra pretty feathers laying around and you don't want them, I'll gladly take them off your hands. :)

6 comments:

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Ooo - I love all your new stuff! Can't wait to see the finished plushie :D

Merily said...

Aww, thanks, Ruthie! I'm really excited about this plushie; I love getting to make character ones. :D

The Haeven Crew said...

I'm dying to see the sweater and I LOVE the Dark Link!

Merily said...

Thanks, Haeven Crew! :D I'm planning on finishing Link tomorrow, so pictures will be up soon. :)

luthien said...

oh wow!! how busy you've been!! the necklace is really gorgeous!! love the beads on it!! and the plushie you're crocheting looks really luscious too .. the color is so unusual. silmarillion is a difficult read but it's a really interesting book to the background of the LOTR. and ooo... the feather is a beauty! how lucky to have just picked that up :) can't wait to see what comes out of it :))

Merily said...

Yup- I almost always have a few projects in the works. :) Awww, thank you! I'll post pictures of the plushie in a day or two- I have to give it to my best friend first. I don't want her seeing it before it's done. :)

Yeah, The Silmarillion is a hard read, and I can normally read anything. I think the problem I'm having with it is all the names; I can't keep track of who is who and what's what, but I also hate having to flip to the appendix to find out.

I'm not sure yet what I'll do with the feather- it might go into some hair jewelry. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...