My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Very delayed art update

Woah, have I really not made a post with an update of what I've been creating since the 28th? That's almost two weeks! In that case, expect lots of pictures in this update; I think I have about eight things I finished in that time. (I'll make the photos smaller so they don't take up so much room if you're RSS feeding my blog or something.)

First, the two things I made for the giveaway in my blog last month- both have gotten to their new homes by now, so I can share them. :)

I made this earring for Ruthie- she wanted a cuff at the top, and I made it in purple, black, and silver for her. :)


And these are the crocheted elf ears I made for Theresa.

And now onto shop things! First, a new pair of horns:

These "Water Sprite Horns" can be found in both my Etsy and Artfire shops. I hadn't made horns in a while, so it was fun to make these. I need to get more shoelaces, though; I tried using ribbon but it just isn't heavy enough to hold up the polymer clay well. These are shinier than they look; there's glittery pigment all around them.

Now two necklaces:

This is the "Shepherd of the Trees" hemp necklace/anklet, named after the Ents in Lord of the Rings; this necklace reminded me so much of old forests that I couldn't resist giving it a name like that. ;) It's here in my Etsy and Artfire shops.


The next necklace is "Poseidon's Pet"; the name came from the fact that the necklace has seahorses on it, and Poseidon is the Greek god of horses and the sea, and his chariot is drawn by hippocampi, a kind of seahorse (granted not this kind). I love that making art means that I get to research neat mythological things like this. :D This necklace is unique because it's my first Water-themed one that isn't blues and greens. It's here in my Etsy shop and here in my Artfire shop.

And last I have two new cartilage chain earrings:

This is the "Ocean Blue and Green" one- I really love these colors! It, too, is in both my Etsy and Artfire shops.


And this is the "Girly Gamer" cartilage earring; I made the chain for this first, then as I was looking through my bead stash, saw that the pink dice bead matched perfectly, so knew that was what had to be added. :) It's here on Etsy and Artfire.

I can switch out the pierced posts on the earrings with cuffs (for the top part) and/or clip-ons (for the bottom post) if you don't have pierced ears, and it won't cost any extra for that. :) I only charge extra on the earrings if someone wants Sterling Silver posts because those are more expensive to use.


Whew! I think I'm caught up now. Remind me next time not to fall so far behind! ...said the girl who is already two book reviews behind schedule. ;) I've also been relisting Halloween/Autumn things that I let expire over the winter, but since those aren't really new, I won't post about them. They'll be showing up in both of my shops if you're interested, though.

2 comments:

mermaiden said...

busybusybusy you! love the Ent necklace best :D

Merily said...

lol, not as busy as I look, since this is like two weeks of procrastinated blogging. ;)

Aww, thanks! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...