Thursday, September 24, 2009

Trove Thursday- Fantasy Books

This Trove Thursday's theme is inspired by my favorite fantasy books (thanks for the idea, Cecily!). Some are directly related to the books, but some are just things that reminded me of them.

The Fantasy Novel Inspired Trove Thursday.


1.) "Bag End -8x10 fine art print Hobbit Hole of Lord of the Rings" by darklingwoods on Etsy.
(This one is obvious- it's Lord of the Rings.)

2.) "Rune Godess Personalized Portrait Picture" by MyMagicMe on Artfire.
(This pick is much more obscure- this picture reminds me of the wards that the main character of The Warded Man tattoos on himself. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go read the book now; it's great!)

3.) "Gods 17 x 13" by chetart on Etsy.
(This one has one of my favorite quotes from the "Discworld" series by Terry Pratchett.)

4.) "Puck Midsummer Nights Dream Leather Mask" by UpfromtheAshes on Etsy.
(A Midsummer Night's Dream is definitely fantasy, as well as being literature.)

5.) "Pegasus Winged Horse Original Drawing ACEO" by NatureVisions on Etsy.
(Another obscure one; this drawing reminds me of the Windrider from the "Heralds of Valdemar" series by Mercedes Lackey.)

6.) "Set of 4 Mini Prints - Narnia Variety" by Kecky on Etsy.
(I love these drawings! They're of some of the more obscure scenes and books from the "Chronicles of Narnia" series.)

7.) "Harry Potter Inspired Hufflepuff Pendant" by DesignsByLluna on Etsy.
(Yes, I'm a "Harry Potter" fan; I guess that's my guilty pleasure, although it's been a while since I read them. And no Hufflepuff jokes, please. Nothing wrong with being loyal, fair, and hard working!)

8.) "Earth Walker - Bead Woven Necklace - Elements 4" by RoseWorksJewelry on Artfire.
(You knew somehow I'd get a good friend in this Trove. ;) Ruthie's Earth necklace is the perfect pick to represent the "Elemental Masters" series by Mercedes Lackey.)

9.) "Caliban's Coins Necklace" by RoughMagicCreations on Etsy.
(And another Shakespeare thing- I was so happy to find a Caliban-related item on Etsy! He's my favorite Shakespeare character, and he's also in Caliban's Hour by Tad Williams, which is one of my favorite fantasy books, as well.)

3 comments:

luthien said...

gorgeous treasures!! i especially love the hufflepuff pendant!

mermaiden said...

it must have been so much fun to choose the items in your trove!

Merily said...

Thanks, guys! This was so much fun to pick- I love doing these Troves. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...