Sunday, September 06, 2009

Yay for a day at the faire!

Well, only a few hours at the renfaire since neither Josh nor I felt too well, but a few hours there is better than no hours. :) First, we hit the bead shop since that's my favorite shop at the faire and they always have a great selection of fantasy beads and charms that I can't find anywhere else. They're so expensive, so I was only able to get this many (and it still came to about $60, which Josh, being the perfect guy, bought for me).
Beads from the faire
(Click to view larger)
Dragons, a faerie, a leaf, Celtic knots, shamrocks, trees, and cats were my selection this time.

After I ended up spending most of Josh's money (sorry about that, love! I had no idea they'd come to so much!), we grabbed some food, then wandered around a bit and got to see our favorite act- Don Juan and Miguel (they're so funny, and the whip and sword stuff is awesome!). Josh took a whole bunch of pictures of them, but I won't bore you with all of them so I just uploaded my two favorites.
Don Juan and Miguel

Don Juan and Miguel
Swords, whips, and humor? Of course they're our favorite act. ;)

We didn't get any photos of us at the faire, but when we got back my mom took this of us:
Me and Josh after the faire
(I don't know why Josh never smiles in pictures.)
I decided not to go all out with my costume today since I wasn't feeling too well, and just wore what was comfortable. (I didn't even wear the circlet at the faire- it was starting to give me a headache; I get nauseous easily.) I carried a parasol at the faire, but didn't bother putting that in the photo since it didn't match.

I made the bracers, circlet, hair jewelry (you can't see it, though), and the chainmaille pouch (yup, that's a triforce on it. I'm a geek), and the leaf bag came from DELdreamart on Etsy. The ankle brace really makes an Elf costume, but I needed it, lol.

I didn't wear my Elf ears (they, too, were giving me a headache), so instead I just adorned my human ears:
Costume earrings
The point of this picture is just to show off the awesome earrings I wore- the dangling ones are from RoseWorksJewelry on Artfire and the swirl one is from Thyme2dream on Etsy. The other two are just my random earrings I wear all the time.


So I had fun, even though we weren't feeling too well. Hopefully the next time we go I'll be having a better health day. :) Sorry we didn't get many pictures- hopefully we'll get more next time.

8 comments:

Rose Works Jewelry said...

You look fantastic - especially since you weren't feeling very good!

Walk in the Woods said...

Glad you had a good time, despite not feeling all that great. :) And your garb looks great!

luthien said...

gosh merily!! gorgeous earrings!!!! love how you combined them!!

threadsofmagique said...

I'm so glad you got to go. Sounds like you had a good time, in spite of everything. The new beads are awesome! Can't wait to see what you'll make with them!

Orion Designs said...

You two look so great together!

Merily said...

Aww, thanks for the kind words, everyone! *hugs!* I'm hoping we'll be able to get the the faire again later this season and I'll get some more pictures. :)

I have no idea what I want to do with the beads yet- I know some of the bigger ones will probably go on chainmaille, but otherwise, who knows? ;)

Knitted Gems said...

I'm so envious! I love going to the Faire each year. I'm sorry we are going to miss it this time.
Glad you had a good time.

Merily said...

Aww, I hope you can get there next year, then! I didn't get to go last year, so I'm so glad I got to go this year, even if it was only for a few hours. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...