Saturday, October 17, 2009

My name (and my doll) are in print!

I can't get the grin off my face- the French Nintendo magazine a picture of one of my video game dolls was published in arrived today (the awesome editor who contacted me about putting it in said magazine mailed a copy to me- a big big thanks to him because I had no idea where to find it!). I still need a friend to translate it, but the yahoo Babel Fish website gave me a general idea of what it says. It even mentions the Dark Link doll I made! :D

Here's the blurb I'm in:
My name's in print!
(I didn't take a picture of the whole page in case that was a copyright problem, so I just took a photo of my little doll and blurb at the top of the page.)

I'm so so happy about this! :D This is my first time being published, so I'm ecstatic!

Edit: Hooray! My French Canadian friend translated it for me. I love the added translation she put in parenthesis- Yahoo Babel Fish never would have told me that. XD It says:
"Crochet - it's not for grandmas (could also be read as wusses)
When she's not making jewelry, Susan Logue likes to make little crochet puppets. Her latest creation is a superb replica of Henry Hatsworth, the hero of the eponymous DS game. By surfing on her site, you can also find a rather well done Dark Link."

10 comments:

Chelsae said...

YAY FOR YOU!!! That's so awesome! :)

Melissa said...

Congrats on being published! Too cool!

Athena's Armoury said...

meri, that's so freaking cool! Congratulations!! Enjoy having perma-grin for a while. =D

aquariann said...

Congratulations!!! How awesome that your work is published in a French Nintendo magazine!! Your Henry Hatsworth doll is amazing.

Orion Designs said...

That's fantastic! Major congratulations Meri!

threadsofmagique said...

Fabululoso! That is so cool!!! It's not surprising though. How could anybody not fall in love with Henry? Congrats!

Merily said...

Thanks so much, guys! :D

TiLT said...

woo hoo!!! congrats!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

so cool! Congratulations!

Merily said...

Thanks! I'm still in awe about this. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...