My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Art update- cats, a mermaid, and wintery pretties

Oops, I haven't made an art update in a while, huh? I suppose I should do that now. ;) This week I've been trying to make and/or list wintery items, so I've got a lot of pictures to share.

First, the dolls I made for a trade with my POEST teammate talogwitch. You saw the cats in a sneak peek, but I wanted to show better pictures of them, too. :) (Click to view the images larger.)
Here are Bat-Cat and Luci-fur:
Bat-Cat and Devil-Cat (Luci-fur) plushies Devil-Cat (Luci-fur) Plushie

Bat-Cat Plushie


And here's the mermaid I made for her, too:
Blond Mermaid Plushie Blond Mermaid Plushie

This mermaid is like Meremenin in my shops, but my trade partner wanted her blond, which was fine with me/ Mermaids are so much fun to make! I'm not entirely happy with her tail, but I used the same stitches I was doing before; I think the problem is that it's thick-and-thin handspun yarn, so it's not going to be the same shape each time. I still think this doll is adorable, though! :D

I have a few ideas for more dolls and right now I'm working on two Pokemon (a Jigglypuff and a Togepi) for another trade; I'll be blogging about them soon. :)

The other things I listed/made recently were wintery things:
Blue and Tan Wool Hat and Scarf Set

(This hat and scarf set can be found in my artfire shop here and my Etsy shop here.)

Tans and Blues Crocheted Winter Scarf

(And this scarf is on artfire here and Etsy here.)

I made both of these things ages ago (like two years ago, I think), but never got around to photographing or listing them. I haven't made any more because the Etsy/Artfire market is saturated in scarves (most of which are a lot fancier and prettier than mine), but I'm thinking that when I start doing craft shows next year, I'll do some scarves because they are fun and pretty quick to make.

The other wintery items I've listed so far this week are earrings:
Christmas Ornament Red and Green Cartilage Chain Earring

It's here on Artfire and here on Etsy. I really like how the beads look like Christmas decorations. :) Unfortunately, I don't have any more of that red bead, so I'll have to use something else on the next one I make.

Winter Forest Blue and Silver Cartilage Chain Earrings

Those are called "Winter Forest" because they remind me of frost-covered leaves. I really like the colors on this one (I may need to do something like this for my Herald costume). They're here on Artfire and here on Etsy.

Christmas Red and Green Cartilage Chain Earring

This is my second double chain earring. :) This Christmasy one can be found here on Artfire and here on Etsy.

And the last one I listed so far this week:
Hanukkah Blue, Silver and Black Cartilage Chain Earring

I like to make things for lots of winter holidays, so I made the leaf ones and this one in Hanukkah colors. This one is here on Artfire and here on Etsy. I'm so happy- I already sold one of this one, and to make it even cooler, it was only an hour or so after I listed it. That was my fastest sale! :D

And see that cute hairclip on the mannequin? That came from my Plurk friend Smiss. ;)

I'm not too happy with the photos with this batch of earrings, but since it's been rainy since I've finished them, I haven't been able to get good lighting. Ah, well. When the sun finally comes out, I'll sneak a few more photos.

Whew, this is a long post! Sorry about that, guys! I need to start doing this more than once a week, I guess.

Psst! And don't forget about the free shipping in my shops to the US and Canada!

At my Etsy shop and Artfire shop.

3 comments:

Athena's Armoury said...

That mermaid is adorable and I really love the double chain cartilage earring.

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Love all the fun stuff!

Merily said...

Thanks, guys! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...