My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Talented Tuesday- Dori of Sassy Clay Creations


Yup, time for another artist interview! This time it's Dori, one of my Plurk buddies. She does some amazing work with polymer clay; I'm in love with so much pretty stuff in her shop!



What's your name?
Dori Thompson

Where can you be found on the internet? (Website, Twitter, shops, blog, etc)
SassyClayCreations.artfire.com
sassyclaycreations.blogspot.com
http://www.plurk.com/sassyclayer

Describe yourself in five words.
Creative, Happy, Old, Bold, Colorful

If you were a color, what would you be?
RED

If you could live anywhere (or anywhen), where/when would it be?
On the coast of either Washington or Oregon, watching and listening to the waves whenever I wanted.

What is your greatest dream or goal?
I would have to say I accomplished most of my goals and my greatest dream right now is to not have arthritis.

What was your very first piece of art?
I remember a map of the US made out of salt and flour showing rivers and mountains. Did that in 4th grade.

How long have you been an artist?
Every since I can remember. As a child, I used to draw on everything.

If you sell your art, how did you get started?
I decided I wanted to try it when I got older. And here I am.

What is the strangest thing you've ever made?
An outhouse made with polymer clay. It has a working door, a toilet seat and a "Sears" catalog (instead of tp) inside.

Pick your favorite project/artwork- what is it and what inspired you on it? If you'd like to share, tell a little about the process you used from inspiration to
completion of that project.

My favorite always seems to be the next project that turns out the way I wanted it to. Sometimes they don't cooperate. I would have to say right now, it would be my clay mask I made for our Smoosher challenge. I didn't draw a picture of it, I just saw it in my head. There it is.


What kind of advice would you give to other artists?
I have always been very picky about my work and was very critical of my work. I took some art courses in college and learned from a very fine art teacher that I should not be so hard on myself. I learned. Don't let things get in the way. Don't become discouraged. Whatever it is, do it anyway or how will you know how very good you really are?

What is your favorite:
Color? Teal Blue
Quote? By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; Third, by experience, which is bitterest. ~ Confucious
Book? Wall-E
Character? (book or whatever) Edgar Allen Poe, Sean Connery
TV show and/or movie? I have more than one. Eureka, Fast Forward, Armageddon, Sleepless in Seattle just to name a few.
Season? Fall, and in second place would be Spring.
Food? Dungeness Crab
Animal? All of them except snakes, lizards and spiders.
Art medium and/or supply? Polymer clay and anything that can be used with it.

Kind of music I listen to when working with clay. Celtic, folk and relaxing music. It is easier to work when I am more relaxed.

Thanks for letting me interview you, Dori! :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...