My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Friday, November 20, 2009

What I'm thankful for

I figured in the spirit of a bunch of my teams and guilds doing Thanksgiving/Harvest-y things, I'd make a list of what I'm most thankful for. :)

Here's my list:
My fiancé, Josh:

That's an old picture, but it was taken right after he proposed two years ago so it's special. Josh is the most wonderful guy I could ever ask for- he's funny, he's sweet, he's artistic, he's intelligent, and he's so patient and supportive of me. I know he's always there for me and loves me as much as I love him. :) I love having a fiancé who can debate literature with me, knows about art supplies, and likes the same kinds of things I do. It really does help to be in a relationship with one of your best friends (and he was a good friend before we started dating). And he's cute! Have I mentioned how adorable he is? ;)

My friends:

That's a picture of me and my best friend Care. I loves her; for the past decade she's been my "Probably Evil" (haha, OotS reference) twin and the Pippin to my Merry. Seriously. Look:
She's like my sidekick (or I'm her sidekick- either one works, lol) and let's just say that seventy years from now, we're going to still be best friends, probably trying to cause chaos at the retirement home and running people over with our scooters. ;) She knows me better than anyone else and is always there for me- we also share a lot of the same interests, so we can be geeky together. It's always good to have someone who is always up for dressing in costumes with you. ;)
The other friend I want to mention is one who hasn't been in my life all that long (only a few months) but I consider her one of my closest friends and I can't imagine her not in my life now- that's Ruthie. She's my best online friend and my elf-sister, and she is always there for me with support, a sympathetic ear, and is a wonderful person to bounce ideas off of. We have so much in common and we can relate to each other so well; she's the one person I can really talk about my health problems with because she understands and, while hers are different, can definitely relate. That just means so much to me, to have someone who is not only sympathetic and caring (Josh, my sister, and Care fit that bill, too), but who also understands.
I'm also really thankful for my other friends, of course, including my Plurk buddies, FAE friends, and street team friends because those guys keep me sane in a time when I don't get much social interaction outside the house. Thank goodness for the internet!

My sister:

My parents may not be very supportive of me, but my little sister is. She's so sweet and she's always been my best friend. Seriously, even as kids we never fought, although I did used to torment her by shutting the basement door on her and turning out the light. But what older sibling doesn't pick on their little sibling sometimes? ;) Really, we've always gotten along great and I love her very very much.

My furbaby Clarabell:
Clara

I love my kitty so much! She's always so affectionate and ready to give me headbumps and purrs when I need them (or when she wants to give me them, of course, but she's a cat so I know she has her own schedule, lol). I love her even though she thinks kitty bonding time is whenever I'm in the bathroom (since that's where her food bowl is, it's her favorite place). She's so silly!

My creativity:

Art keeps me sane and (generally, hopefully) lets me pay my bills while I can't work. I don't know how I would have been able to take this much time off from work to recover if I didn't have my art, Josh, and my parents (granted that one's kinda begrudgingly, but hey, at least I have a roof over my head and food to eat) supporting me. I don't always feel up to making things, but when I do it really does help me feel better. :) I want to always make things, and I love that selling things means I get to share it with people. I think it's so cool that there are people all over the world who have some of my art! :D

5 comments:

Athena's Armoury said...

What a very lovely post, meri!

Orion Designs said...

I love the sentiments posted here Meri. We should all pause and think about what we're thankful for.

mermaiden said...

A wonderful exercise in humility and gratitude, not to mention making your loved ones feel special and lucky to be in your circle :D

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Awww - thanks m'dear :D

Merily said...

Thanks, guys. This was a really good post to write; it made me feel better. :)

And you're welcome, Ruthie! *big hugs!*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...