My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Art update- LotR-inspired earrings and fantasy ears

First, here's a picture of all the snow we got after it finally stopped falling from the sky:
Snow- finally stopped falling!
I think we got about 2 feet of the white stuff. Okay, that's enough winter for me. Can we switch over to summer now? ...what do you mean today is the first day of winter? But it's been cold for two months! Sigh. I really need to move someplace warmer so I can have year-round summer, or at least be somewhere where cold (ie- anything under 65 degrees) doesn't last longer than warm.

Anyway, on to the real point of this entry- art! I've been largely working on presents so I can't share those, but I have done a few things, mostly custom orders, over the past two weeks or so.
First, the next three earrings inspired by The Lord of the Rings. Keep in mind that these are not at all canon and are just my interpretations of them. :) What can I say, LotR inspires me.
Red, Green, and Silver Cartilage Chain Earring - Realm of the Horse Lords

"Red, Green, and Silver Cartilage Chain Earring - Realm of the Horse Lords" (Rohan) - here on Etsy and here on Artfire.

Earthy Green, Brown and Yellow Cartilage Chain Earring - The Party Tree

"Earthy Green, Brown and Yellow Cartilage Chain Earring- The Party Tree" (The Shire) - here on Etsy and here on Artfire.

Green, Blue and Silver Butterfly Cartilage Chain Earring - Imladris

"Green, Blue and Silver Butterfly Cartilage Chain Earring - Imladris" (Rivendell) - here on Etsy and here on Artfire.

Next is another cartilage earring; this one was a custom order for someone who wanted this one, but with three lobe piercings. I've never done a double chain earring with more than two posts, so I'm very glad the idea I had for it worked! :D
Sea Blue and Green Double Cartilage Chain Earring with multiple posts


I also had two custom orders for ears this month. Pardon the not very good photos; in the middle of very cold and snowy weather, I wasn't about to go outside to get pictures.
Green Elf Ears (Yoda)

First, a pair of crocheted green elf ears- she wanted them for a Yoda costume. :) They're on a matching green headband.

Small Gnome Ears

These are kid-sized gnome ears (hence why they look so high up on the mannequin head; the head is too big for the ears) on a blond headband. These are going to go with a gnome costume for a two year old; how cute is that! :)

2 comments:

luthien said...

OMG!! why summer?? the snow looks soooo beautiful!!

ooo... who doesn't love LOTRs :) i esp love the pair with the tree charm! there's something mystical about curly trees :)

Merily said...

lol! You can have the snow. I really really hate winter and the cold- give me sun and warm and green blooming things and I'm a happy little Elfling. ;)

Aww, thanks! I love that one, too- I'm going to have to find more of those tree charms since it's so cute. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...