Saturday, December 12, 2009

Art update- Pokemon and a faerie (dolls, I mean)

Here's the post I hinted at in my last art update. :)

These are the two Pokemon I made for one of my POEST street team teammates:
Jigglypuff and Togepi Plushies

Togepi Plushie

Jigglypuff Plushie

Yup, Togepi and Jigglypuff. I think these came out so cute that I'm going to make some for me after the holidays (my Jiggly is going to get a silly hat like in the Smash Bros game, though). Josh helped me with the felt (I'm not good at small fiddly bits like that- thanks, Josh!), but I glued them on and crocheted and painted everything. The only downside is that I crochet *extremely* tightly, so the dolls came out slightly smaller than the pattern calls for; because of that, Togepi's spots are bigger than they should be. Still, they're friggin' adorable, and I love getting to make cute things. :)

The other plushie I finished lately that I can share (that's the thing about making Christmas presents; I can't share them until after the holidays!) is this faerie because my friend already got it:
Ruthie's purple fairy doll

I made this for my best online friend and elf-sister, Ruthie, who has an obsession with purple and who loves fantasy. ;)

You can't see it too well, but there are black dots all over the doll's wings. The back of the wings have a heart and star design, too. The skintone came out a bit oddly in the photo, though. The wing also looks a bit wonky, but that's just the way the pipecleaner in it is bent.

The faerie doesn't have a name yet, but as soon as Ruthie picks one I'll change the description on flickr with what it is. :) I'm just happy this doll made Ruthie smile because she's been having a bad week. *sends along lots of hugs!*

3 comments:

mermaiden said...

the pokemon came out hilariously "realistic", and the faerie is supa-sweet :D

Athena's Armoury said...

Love that magical, mystical faerie!

Merily said...

Thanks, guys! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...