Amazingly I was able to make something this week, pulled muscles and all. :) I made this pair of Saint Patrick's Day dreadfalls:
You can find them here in my Etsy shop and here on Artfire. They're made from all sorts of green, white, and orange yarn and ribbons including handspun yarn (some I got off Etsy, some is my own). When I first learned how to spin I could do thick-and-thin yarn that works great for dreadfalls, but as I've gotten better at it, I've forgotten how to make it anything but fairly thin. Now that the weather is getting warmer and I can spin outside again (can't use my spindles indoors because of the puppies), I'll have to see if I can learn how to make yarn thick again. That'll be my task for later this month when my side muscles heal up. :)
Anyway, the dreadfalls are on tan elastic ponytail holders so they'd probably work best in long hair that you can put in a ponytail or bun, but they also work on short hair like my mannequin's; I just attached hair clips to the elastic hair ties and they stay in fine (the kind of hairclip I used was the one you can see in the hair on this listing).
And hey, hooray for sunny weather that's warm enough for me to get outdoor photos! Boo on nothing blooming yet so the pictures look blah (I like to take my photos outdoors against the trees and grass, but I haven't been able to do that since October). Ah well, it's March; things will start blooming soon enough. :)
I'm going to try to work on some horns this week since I can't crochet or do chainmaille right now, and I have a custom cartilage earring to work on today. I'll blog pictures of those things once they're done, I promise.