My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Art update- a very productive week! (Jewelry, horns, writing...)

I was (oddly, but thankfully) productive this past week or so. I got a whole bunch of stuff made and/or listed, but I think what I'm most proud of is that I actually got some creative writing done. This is big for me because I haven't seen my writing muse in years, but this week I was able to write an 830 word ficlet/short story. I decided that I'm going to start writing ficlets based on my D&D character and the world that Josh created because it's a good starting point since I'm so familiar with the character and the world. I'm a pretty good writer but I've had a lot more practice with essay-type writing than the creative kind, so I'm hoping this'll give me the inspiration I need to practice.

(Don't get me started on how my lack of self-confidence at creative writing stems from the fact that, when growing up, my teachers never ever let me write anything remotely fantasy, which was the only creative writing I ever wanted to do...)

Anyway, you can find the blog where I'm going to be posting my writing here:

I can't promise you that I'll be a Tolkien, but I can promise you that it'll be well-written (as in sentence structure and things like that; I obviously can't say everyone will like the subject or my writing style and whatnot) and extremely grammatically correct (hey, I have to make use of that BA in English somehow!). Warning, though: I will have some silly posts over there, as well, because when have I ever taken myself seriously? ;)

Now onto the art!
I've been working on a lot of horns and listed the first pair this weekend:
Shiny Blue Dragon, Wyvern, or Fairy Horns

Shiny Blue Dragon, Wyvern, or Fairy Horns
These blue dragon horns are made from polymer clay and extremely shiny blue glitter and can be found here on Artfire and here on Etsy.


I really really love the colors in this necklace and I'm extremely partial to frogs, so I may have to make another one like this for myself. ;)
Pink and green flower hemp necklace or anklet - A Frog's Garden

"A Frog's Garden" can be found here on Artfire and here on Etsy. It also doubles as an anklet. :)

And here are a few simple hemp bracelets/anklets:
Wood and hemp bracelet or anklet - Water Garden
"Water Garden"- here on Etsy and here on Artfire

Red and white shell hemp bracelet or anklet -  Red Ocean
"Red Ocean"- here on Etsy and here on Artfire

Wood and shell white hemp unisex bracelet or anklet - Summer Sand
"Summer Sand"- here on Etsy and here on Artfire


I still have more horns and jewelry queued up, so look for those soon! :D

And before I sign off for the night, I wanted to share this picture of my cat barging in the way of my work area:
Clara and the horns
"Hey, mommy! Take a picture of me! I'm cute!"

3 comments:

mermaiden said...

*Nobody* will be another Tolkien so don't hold yourself up like that and just do your thing!
What a great creative swell you're riding :D

Athena's Armoury said...

Wow, meri, I was just scrolling through your blog and you have been insanely productive lately! Go you!!

Merily said...

Good point, Julie. :) I'll just try to do my own thing.

And yup! I've been working those muses lately. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...