Monday, May 10, 2010

Art update- a few geek-inspired jewelry things

My health has been kicking me around this week, so I wasn't as productive with making and listing things as I'd like to be. I'm hoping I'll start feeling better because there's so much stuff I want to work on!

Here are my creations from this week:
Green glass and hemp bracelet or anklet - Eye in the Trees

This crocheted bracelet/anklet is called "Eye in the Trees" because it reminds me of stories of glowing eyes staring at unwary adventures from deep in the forest. It's on green hemp cord, which is a new thing for me, and I just really love those beads. :) It can be found here on Artfire and here on Etsy.

Blue and green hemp dice bracelet or anklet

Yup, something geeky- dice! I'm not too keen on these beads, though, because they're all wonky and have the side with one dot blank, so I'm hoping Josh can start making me beads out of real dice soon. I'd have to charge more for those (dice aren't cheap- I think they're about $1 or $1.25 each now), but real dice are much better than these from the craft store. Plus then I can start using something besides D6s. ;)
Anyway, this bracelet/anklet can be found here on Artfire and here on Etsy.

The only other thing I worked on this week are cartilage earrings- I haven't edited photos yet, so here's a sneak peek at what they look like:
Sneak peek at cartilage earrings I've been working on

The one on the right is one I remade, but the other four are new and somewhat geeky. The first is inspired by Fangorn Forest (LotR), the second is inspired by my writing muse, the third represents Gondor (LotR), and the fourth is a random Wood Elf earring. I'll give you guys a better look at these soon! :)

As for writing, I only had a chance to do a little bit for the Dungeons and Dragons game that I'm running and came up with a little bit of info about a centaur who's apparently good friends with my main wood elf NPC.

So as you can see, I wasn't up to doing much this past week. Here's to hoping I'm able to be more productive soon! *fingers crossed!* I am amused, though, that my writing muse actually let my art one take over long enough to let me work in blues and greens again! Since he was good, I let him inspire the one earring. ;)

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention that my talented jewelry-maker friend Brandi featured me on her blog! Check it out! :D

2 comments:

wholesale loose diamonds said...

Beautiful artistic work. Hoping to see more collections. :)

Ruthie said...

Looks like you've gotten a lot of great stuff done - congrats :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...