Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Art Update - Time for summer! (What? It's only April?)

I seem to be on a sun and fire kick lately, so I guess the warmer weather has me more than happy to put winter behind me. We completely skipped spring here, though- we went from the 50s to the 80s with nothing in between (seriously, I was wearing a heavy coat, gloves and a hat Friday and by Sunday was in shorts...). You guys getting wonky weather, too?

Anyway, on with the art!
Here's a fire-colored stretchy chainmaille bracelet in red and orange:
Stretchy Red and Orange Chainmaille Bracelet
It's here on Etsy and here on Artfire.


My friends have been saying it looks pink and gold, so I must have edited the picture too bright; it looks fine on my monitor, but said monitor is pretty old. I'll have to check on another one later.

And here's a fiery cartilage ear cuff in red and orange-red:
Red and Silver Swirl Cartilage Ear Cuff
This is on Etsy and Artfire

One of my plurk friends gave me the "Curly Q" name and that was just too cute to pass up on. Whenever I look at this, though, I just think of my wizard D&D character throwing a fireball. Yeah, I'm a geek.

And here's a sun to fit the heat theme:
Silver, black and gold sun cartilage ear cuff - Eclipse of the Sun
"Eclipse of the Sun" - Etsy and Artfire

I know black is a weird color to use with a sun charm, but for some reason this charm didn't say warm colors to me. Guess I already used up my red quota for the week?

I've been working on lots of other random art, so look for another art update soon!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful...love the colors! We have been having some weird weather here too.. almost more fall like... I think one day so far this year we have been above 60 .. lots of rain and wind... I am so ready for spring.. or skipping it and moving into summer :)

roseworksjewelry said...

I love them all :) You really were reaching outside your comfort zone huh? I bet Cyn was happy though :)

Meri Greenleaf said...

Thanks, Michelle! I think the weather is weird *everywhere*. We've been getting a lot of rain and cold weather, but this week it was crazy hot. Mother nature is confused. ;)

Thanks, Ruthie! Yup, definitely outside my comfort zone (and that of Dragon-Girl, too). Luckily I do have Cyn to give me warm-color inspiration. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...