My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Monday, May 02, 2011

Art Update - Blues and purples seem to be the colors of the week

Last week was reds and warm colors, this time around I've been doing a lot of blues and purples.

First up, some cartilage earrings. Both of these were custom orders; can I say again how much I love making custom things for people? :) I'm especially partial to the wing ones. They're simple, but I like how the silver works with the blue- makes them look very aerial. The golds don't fit today's color theme, but ignore that fact. ;)

Blue and Silver Wing Cartilage Chain Earring Pair
Blue & Silver Wing Cartilage Chain Earrings


Gold and Black Ladybug Cartilage Chain Earrings Pair
Gold & Black Ladybug Cartilage Chain Earrings


These aren't for sale, but you can find other cartilage earrings in my shops on Etsy and Artfire.


And here are some random things I've been working on. Yay, random art!

The weather has been awesome and warm, so I wanted to work on something portable that I could take outside. So I found my bin of spinning supplies and pulled out a spindle and some roving:
Yarn 4/20 - sneak peek


Decided to dye this in pretty blue and purple; took the photo while it was still damp, so it's actually lighter than this and the purple is more obvious:
Yarn 4/22 - sneak peek

It's been about two years since I last spun, so I was definitely rusty, but I think I'm getting back into the swing of it. :) Tried to keep this yarn fairly thick and not too even because I want to use it for dreadfalls rather than crochet. I'm just happy my cake icing dyes are mostly still good after years of not using them! The reds are a bit wonky, though, so I'm going to have to see if I can find some more burgundy.

Hadn't crocheted anything in a few months, either, so broke out my hooks and yarn to make this water bottle holder bag:
Water bottle holder

I carry a metal water bottle with me everywhere so this is definitely going to come in handy. I made the strap long enough that it'll sling across my chest. That'll make this comfy when I wear it geocaching. :)

It looks blue, but it's actually purple in with the green. If you're on Ravelry, I found the pattern here.

And continuing in the color theme, finished that purple fairy embroidery, too.
Embroideries 4/21 - Green Dragon and Purple Fairy

That dragon I showed before, so here's a closeup of the fairy before I framed her:
Purple fairy embroidery - sneak peek 2

I kinda messed up her eye, but it's not really noticeable. Whew! I had originally tried to stitch it with thicker thread, but it was too thick, so I had to pull it out, and that pulled the fabric. Luckily it still looks okay. That was the last stitching in there, too, so I would have been really upset if it had screwed up the whole thing!

Long art post, but figured I was getting behind with art updates again and should just share it all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...